Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy and Mac OSX Catalina

Have seen many comments about problems with Synergy and Catalina OSX on Mac.  I had similar problems and followed previously posted suggestions but nothing worked.  I am using Synergy with Catalina on one Mac as server and High Sierra as client on the other using all manual settings (disabled autoconfig).  When I open Synergy on both computers, the SSL fingerprint shown on my Catalina and High Sierra computers did not match.  So I selected my High Sierra as server and manually configured the Catalina computer as client, rebooted both computers and everything worked. Still not satisfied as I want the Catalina computer as server.  Tried to accomplish this doing everything I now but would not work in this configuration.  Uninstall-reinstall multiple times by dragging Synergy app to trash and delete trash. Still no help.  Found an article about possibility of many hidden configuration files for Synergy that don't get deleted with usual uninstall approach.  Purchased Osx Unintaller app.  This time, the uninstaller app did a complete system scan and found as many as 30 hidden files associated with Synergy.  So I selected complete uninstall after scan on both computers. Rebooted and reinstalled purchased copy of Synergy Version 1.11.1-stable on both computers.  This time after reinstall and reboot, I had to reapprove Synergy as as an app from unidentified developers in Mac Security & Privacy System Preferences (this was not required with usual "drag and drop app to trash" uninstall process).  Then opened Synergy on my Mac with Catalina and got a Synergy message that stated "SSL fingerprint OC:5B:...... does not match" Proceed anyway?  Selected yes, and now everything works great.  I have 2 sets of computer connected by Synergy.  One pair of computers I set to use Port 24800, the other pair I set to Port 24801 and this solved the problem of Synergy trying to connect to different computers (all computers on same Network and are located only about 25 feet away).  Hope this helps someone else.

• Like 1

Wow! That is great info -- and perhaps we ought to look into providing an application-specific Synergy cleaner? Thanks for posting this - it will definitely help someone.

Daniel Alarcon

@Mcreer  Good information. FYI, the next major release will include a "clean configuration" which will take care of all the registry files that contain the configuration and the TLS pem file to make sure it's a "clean" install.

Glad the info. was helpful.  Made my day.  Thanks and glad to hear of the upcoming "clean configuration" change in the new release.  BTW:  This is by far the best product for mouse and keyboard sharing that I have ever come accross.  Works great on both my ethernet and wireless networks at work as well.  

• 3 weeks later...
1 is Such a Lonely Number

So this will work with a High Sierra, iMac and a Catalina iMac?

I just purchased the software.  I am not quite sure what to do......

Just as a basic start.  Do I need to install Synergy on Both of my computers or just the one?