cannot read configuration "C:/Users/Tristan/AppData/Local/Temp/Synergy.iUoMnb": read error: line 38: unknown screen name in switchToScreen

TristanGe

Jamie Newbon

You have a macro, that switches to a screen that doesn't exists please check all you macros for the switchToScreen event and make sure the targets screens names are correct

@Jamie Newbon: what do u mean macro? you mean the names of my computers are not correct? actually i didnt change the names and all worked very well this morning...and then suddenly cannot launch...and i am sure my computer names are correct...what about the first sentence, cannot read configurations? what does that mean?

Jamie Newbon

In the [Server Configuration] -> [Hotkeys] tab, make sure all the hotkeys that have switchToScreen events target an existing screen

Following example shows that my Ctrl+a hotkey will switch to the screen called Bahamut. If the screen called Bahamut didn't exist in the [Screens and Links] tab I would get your error until I either updated the hotkey to an existing screen, deleted the hotkey, or added the missing screen to the [Screens and Links] tab

image.png.8be7a744400c5c52d71e58ff1e24b88b.png

• 1 year later...

Hi!

Just ran into this one myself. Any possibility of adding some better output at info level for this one? It's pretty cryptic right now:

[2021-06-03T11:03:29] ERROR: cannot read configuration "C:/Users/marti/AppData/Local/Temp/Synergy.qitevy": read error: line 41: unknown screen name in switchToScreen
synergys.exe: no configuration available
[2021-06-03T11:03:30] ERROR: failed to launch, error: process immediately stopped
[2021-06-03T11:03:30] INFO: backing off, wait=2s, failures=1
[2021-06-03T11:03:32] INFO: starting new process
[2021-06-03T11:03:32] INFO: activeDesktop:Default
[2021-06-03T11:03:32] ERROR: could not get session id for process id 21648
[2021-06-03T11:03:32] INFO: starting new process
[2021-06-03T11:03:32] ERROR: cannot read configuration "C:/Users/marti/AppData/Local/Temp/Synergy.qitevy": read error: line 41: unknown screen name in switchToScreen
synergys.exe: no configuration available
[2021-06-03T11:03:33] ERROR: failed to launch, error: process immediately stopped
[2021-06-03T11:03:33] INFO: backing off, wait=4s, failures=2

Any output mentioning that there is something wrong with the keybinds or macros would help.

Thanks,

//MartinH