Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse sticks, only move vertically in specific situation

So, here's my situation, I have a 3 monitor setup on my Server machine. Two of the monitors are side by side, while the third is the laptop monitor. Then on my client i have one monitor, it's to the right of my other two monitors.

• Server - Monitor 1 = A (regular display)
  • Server - Monitor 2 = B (regular display)
  • Server - Monitor 3 = C (laptop display)
  • Client - Monitor 4 = D (regular display)

Roughly in this configuration.

[ A ] [ B ] [ D ]
       [ C ]

In my Server Configuration I have three screens currently. They are all aligned horizontally, roughly like this (also included screenshot).

[ Server 01 ] [ Server ] [ Client ]

Now, I didn't have my server configuration like this before, because I was always under the impression that each of the screens on the config screen represented a node (server or client) not the individual screens themselves. So I have it in this current configuration only for testing / troubleshooting purposes. Truth is I don't know if those screens are supposed to represent the nodes or the screens in the nodes. But whatever, hopefully someone will clarify that for me.

Ok, so FINALLY on to the issue. When i move my mouse onto the client, I can move the mouse to the right and up and down without issue. But the moment I try and move it to the left, it sticks. It won't move so i have to stop moving the mouse and sort of shake it so that it'll move left again. And this works for a moment or two before it sticks again.

I've noticed that i can move it diagonally up and to the left at the same time. So I've basically become used to using my mouse on that screen like my hand was climbing stairs so that I can exit the client screen.

NOW... here's where I think things get interesting. If I turn off display C, my laptops built in display, which you can do from the Ubuntu display settings. Now, it works fine. No issues, no left slide getting stuck, nothing.

I really like using that monitor though.

So, any ideas? All my specs and info are below, let me know what else anyone might want in order to troubleshoot this issue.

Server:

• Thinkpad P1 Gen 2
  • 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9850H
  • 32GB RAM
  • Ubuntu 19.10
  • Ethernet Connected 1Gb

Client:

• Custom built
  • Ryzen 5 3600X 6 Core
  • 32GB RAM
  • Windows 10
  • Ethernet Connected 1Gb