Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Unraid and Synergy

Has anyone managed to get their hands on a version of Synergy that would work with unraid ?

Having to keep switching KB and mouse is a PITA ;)  i use it between VMs but i cant seem to find a (simple) way to install it under UNRAID (based on slackware 14.2 as far as i know)

Thanks in advance for replies :)

Stormeyes

Hey, so, I'm a huge unRAID user. Typically unRAID is accessed through the WebUI. Can you describe how you're wanting to use it with unRAID?

Edited by deevee

My main (game)PC is a Vm under unraid so when i stop it i need to access the Unraid server directly but requires me to replug the KB mouse to that server

I would like both the VM and the Unraid itself to run on Synergy so i can keep the KB/mouse connected to a non-passedthrough USB port on the UNRAID server and then connect to my VM through there. (like a software KVM switch) if that is possible :)

i know it is a 1st world problem but since i bought Synergy i hoped it would work :)

Edited by Stormeyes

So, i understand your situation, I'd say, your best bet in this case, if you can't figure out the Synergy way, is to use an old fashion KVM Switch.

Good luck,