Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Copy & Paste Not Working.

Hi, I just purchased and downloaded the latest version of Synergy 1 for my MacBook Pro and my Windows desktop. I am running my desktop as the server, the MacBook Pro as the client. Everything works fine, besides the copy and paste function. Could anyone please help me with that? Thank you.

What are you trying to copy and paste? Simple text or graphics? I've found great luck in using Windows 8.1 as host and macOS Catalina, v10.15.1 as client, when I adjust the Settings (Edit menu > Settings) to Elevate as needed, and then Configure Server > Advanced Server Settings tab, adjusting the Enable Clipboard Sharing option, and ensuring it is about 5MB or more (I normally am only copying text, so 5MB is more than enough for me typically). Depending on what you are normally copying the smaller that number the better actually for lag's sake.

-Onoitsu2

Edited by Onoitsu2
8 minutes ago, Onoitsu2 said:

What are you trying to copy and paste? Simple text or graphics? I've found great luck in using Windows 8.1 as host and macOS Catalina, v10.15.1 as client, when I adjust the Settings (Edit menu > Settings) to Elevate as needed, and then Configure Server > Advanced Server Settings tab, adjusting the Enable Clipboard Sharing option, and ensuring it is about 5MB or more (I normally am only copying text, so 5MB is more than enough for me typically). Depending on what you are normally copying the smaller that number the better actually for lag's sake.

-Onoitsu2

I am copying files. I can copy and paste text without any problem.

10 minutes ago, Robin Xu said:

I am copying files. I can copy and paste text without any problem.

Then it is not copying and pasting, it is a drag and drop method, as labeled in Configure Server > Advanced Server Settings tab > Enable Drag and Drop File Transfers. I've never had luck in going from anything but host to client with this. The reverse method never worked for me from Mac to PC, the probably 2 times I ever tried to do it.

-Onoitsu2

Edited by Onoitsu2
22 minutes ago, Onoitsu2 said:

Then it is not copying and pasting, it is a drag and drop method, as labeled in Configure Server > Advanced Server Settings tab > Enable Drag and Drop File Transfers. I've never had luck in going from anything but host to client with this. The reverse method never worked for me from Mac to PC, the probably 2 times I ever tried to do it.

-Onoitsu2

OK, so then it is a common issue. Why don't they specify it?

8 hours ago, Robin Xu said:

OK, so then it is a common issue. Why don't they specify it?

Not common at all, as far as I'm aware, it is functioning as intended, from server to client only. Much like a virtual machine does when it comes to dragging and dropping files between OSs. I've never seen one that can drag from guest to host (client to server if you compared to Synergy), but only the inverse.