Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Manual or Docs or Wiki or FAQ?

Mr. Anderson

Is there a manual for using this?  I just got two computers connected but I had to go to this forum to figure out how to do it.

There must be a doc or a FAQ or Wiki explaining how to use this cool utility.

Please let me know where to find it.

Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Hi there, please check out our help page. Let me know if there is anything missing, as we're always working to improve our documentation. By the way, which part of the setup are you struggling with?

Mr. Anderson

Hi Nick,

I guess I was just confused by the help icons on that page.  The "trouble shooting & help guides" sounded like a place to go when a working install was having a problem.  Anyways, the utility is setup and working now.  Thanks for the response.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 10/11/2019 at 5:16 PM, Mr. Anderson said:

trouble shooting & help guides

What should we call it instead? We're open to suggestions and we want to make our website as easy to understand as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
Mr. Anderson

Hi Nick,

Perhaps separating the two.  Call one area "Trouble shooting" and the other Installation and Docs.  It was the "Trouble shooting" in the title that threw me off.  It was like it was indicating an area of documentation for people that already had a running install and had run into some specific problem.  I was looking for the noob docs and did not realize that trouble shooting and help would contain startup guides.

Could just be me, maybe my brain runs on a different path.... Anyway, nice utility. I am enjoying using it.

Thank you

Kelvin Tran
On 10/21/2019 at 7:29 PM, Mr. Anderson said:

Hi Nick,

Perhaps separating the two.  Call one area "Trouble shooting" and the other Installation and Docs.  It was the "Trouble shooting" in the title that threw me off.  It was like it was indicating an area of documentation for people that already had a running install and had run into some specific problem.  I was looking for the noob docs and did not realize that trouble shooting and help would contain startup guides.

Could just be me, maybe my brain runs on a different path.... Anyway, nice utility. I am enjoying using it.

Thank you

That seems reasonable, I'd second the notion.