Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Where's the documentation?

Hello,

Just bought this. Works real well so far except for this annoying part where I can't figure out how in the heck to get the monitor config right. I've got 1 Windows 10 pc with 2 4k monitors (left, right). I have a MacBook Pro smack in the center. Screens and Links only shows one for each system. Not filled with confidence after flipping through 10 pages here on the forum so renew my confidence. How in the world do I get this basic monitor setup right?

Also Synergy ... what's up with the poor documentation? You where on the right track with the initial setup then declared victory after you showed 2 systems connected. Could of gone just a little bit further I'd think? ;-) 

I submitted a ticket as well just to cross my i's and dot my t's. 

v1.10.3

Thanks

Aron

Synergy doesn't manage multiple monitors as multiple screens to connect. Your entire monitor setup in one machine becomes a huge screen, and that's what's connected to the other machine. So if you have one machine at the center and another machine with two monitors, one at each side, you're out of luck. You can only connect them as one big monitor to one of the edges of the center screen. So, if you for example connect it to the right edge of the center screen, when you go past that right edge your mouse cursor will appear at the left edge of the left monitor.

Thanks eth0,

OK I was worried about that which isn't a big deal really. I guess I'll just move it to the left of the system with 2 monitors since the left screen is the primary. I guess what gave me hope were where people in this forum was adjusting their config file to adjust the screen lay out. What was that all about then?

19 hours ago, Evilis said:

Thanks eth0,

OK I was worried about that which isn't a big deal really. I guess I'll just move it to the left of the system with 2 monitors since the left screen is the primary. I guess what gave me hope were where people in this forum was adjusting their config file to adjust the screen lay out. What was that all about then?

IIRC, there was some discussion about implementing multimonitor support, but it was a feature request. I don't know if the development team has that feature in their roadmap for the next version of Synergy or not, though.

This is definitely what we are working on now.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a time frame when it will be ready, but we will definitely send it to all users when everything will work...