Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Input Lag

Hey Guys,

I have a second pc i use along side my gaming pc for streams and youtube stuff. I am looking to clear space with using one mouse and keyboard for both.

Now i'v looked at Synergy and this seems perfect but i have a concern that it might cause some input lag. Now i play alot of competitive games so dont want anymore input lag than i already have.

Now my logic is that because the peripherals are plugged into the gaming machine directly to the pc then there shouldn't be any? but just wondered if you guys have any input?

Cheers

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Are you running the games on the PC that the keyboard and mouse are connected to? If so, it should work fine as the mouse and keyboard are directly connected. Some users have reported issues when running games on the remote computer.

Yes, just running games on the Main PC with which has the mouse and keyboard plugged into. The remote computer will just be for streams and videos. 

So having Synergy doesn't create any extra input lag to the main pc with the peripherals connected?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
20 minutes ago, Baden said:

So having Synergy doesn't create any extra input lag to the main pc with the peripherals connected?

That's right. On the main computer, your performance won't be affected. On the other computer, you shouldn't notice any lag either, but this depends on your network. However, as I mentioned you may have issues with running games on your second computer.

• 1 year later...

To echo the Synergy Team's response, the local computer (or the "Server" in synergy terms) will experience no extra input lag. The remote computer is based on your network connection ping speed. I've found that if you're trying to game on the remote computer, you'll want to run a patch cable between the two computers (if possible) - over WiFi, you should expect to have troubles playing games (especially FPS or quick reaction style games).

You can get the millisecond ping speed by pinging the remote computer from the local computer / server.

Open powershell or cmd and type

ping 192.168.0.X