Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Server sending caps lock to Mac OS client

Jason Pitcher

Randomly today, when I navigate over to my client laptop (Mac OS), all text typed in is in caps. Toggling caps lock on the server machine nor the client machine has any effect on this, nor does rebooting the client. Restarted the server but it still persists. Typing directly on the client machine's keyboard types normally. This is mildly enraging and I cannot figure out how to correct this. 

Jamie Newbon

Hi Jason

Sometimes the shift keys can stick on, try pressing both shifts keys to update them and see if it helps. If not try contacting customer support here to troubleshoot the problem.

Jamie

Jason Pitcher

Oddly enough the issue resolved itself without further intervention... so I have no idea what happened. It's fixed is all I care about!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Can confirm that the both shift keys solution solved it for me. I'd tried quite a few other things, including sticky keys settings and some IME input settings for turning off capslock with shift key.

The weird part of this was that the client capslock is off, the server capslock is off, and separately the machines identify the setting correctly. However, when using the server keyboard on a client, it gets all garbled, and capslock/shiftlock is on.