Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Not able to get synergy 2 to work.

GenericGames

Hello, very new to synergy here. I installed it on both of my computers (Both running windows 10) and after installing it on the second pc it is just on this screen with nothing happening. It has caused the second pc to be extremely slow when attempting to move the mouse.
ShKT899.png

• 2 weeks later...
DiscipleGeek

I just had this problem and it was because one computer was on a different network than the other.  Once they were both on the same network, it connected immediately.

Kelvin Tran
On 7/3/2019 at 5:54 PM, GenericGames said:

Hello, very new to synergy here. I installed it on both of my computers (Both running windows 10) and after installing it on the second pc it is just on this screen with nothing happening. It has caused the second pc to be extremely slow when attempting to move the mouse.
ShKT899.png

Have you tried Synergy 1 to see if this works? You should be able to have Synergy 1 if you have Synergy 2 and you can download it from the same account panel. If not, please establish a support ticket with Symless and they'll get your account sorted out.

Kelvin Tran
On 7/18/2019 at 11:26 AM, DiscipleGeek said:

I just had this problem and it was because one computer was on a different network than the other.  Once they were both on the same network, it connected immediately.

Yup. As far as I'm aware, Synergy relies on broadcasts for service discovery instead of unicasts and since routers don't forward broadcasts, you usually can't go across subnet boundaries with Synergy.

Edited by Kelvin Tran
I was an idiot and said "routers don't forward unicasts".