Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

copy and paste not working? Windows 10

I am new to this please be kind. I have 2 windows 10 computers. I am using Synergy 1 basic. 1.10.2-stable. The server side is using an ethernet connection to my network. The client side is using wifi on the same network. ctrl C and ctrl V does not work for pictures or files all under 2mb in size. Drag and drop also does not work. Am I missing something? Do I need to enable a setting to allow this to happen?

• 6 months later...

Has anyone come up with a solution for this yet?  I have 3 computers up and running with Synergy and two (windows 7 and windows 10) of the three are able to copy and paste with each other.  The 3rd computer (windows 10) is a laptop connected wirelessly and while I can control the mouse and keyboard on this computer, it too does not want to copy and paste.  Can Synergy drag and drop as well?

• 3 months later...

I was looking for this feature, using 2 computers running Win10 and i would like to copy/paste or drag and drop a file between them using Synergy.   If you look at the feature page Synergy Features , they said sadly that the copy/paste mentioned as "Clipboard Sharing" is for text and images. Drag and Drop is only a mac beta feature.

I have this message  when trying to copy paste image or files:

[2020-04-30T11:35:36] DEBUG: failed to get drag file name from OLE

If i try drag and drop (even if i try between win10 - win10), i have these messages:

[2020-04-30T11:39:47] DEBUG: open clipboard

[2020-04-30T11:39:47] DEBUG: close clipboard

Is it a bug ? I don't know.  Maybe i have to found an other solution to solve my desire.

vsndesigns

Thanks @mothinx, funny thing, as of yesterday, my copy and pasting of PDFs was doing pretty well, and then it just stopped working.  I tried restarting Synergy, and it the copy and pasting function no longer works...boo.  I'm searching through the internet(s) to find a solution but so far, my copy and pasting, alberit my mouse and keyboard functions, is not working.  ((((sigh)))

• 7 months later...

Just 

Just bpught basic for 2 windows 10 laptops. Text copy paste works but I can not copy paste files or drag drop files. Folowed manual and can not find solutions

• 3 weeks later...
ChrisHolloway

@Alexey Pilyaev That doesn't really explain or answer the initial issue reported.  I am having the same problem.  Multiple times per day, my copy/paste between two machines running Synergy 1.12.2-stable will just stop working.  I have to stop and start the service on one or both machines to make it work again. Is there a fix for this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I also have this issue. Copy/Paste of files between computers doesn't work.

From searching around it looks like this has been an issue since at least 2017 - @symless are you even trying to fix this?

If I can't transfer files easily via copy/paste with synergy it's kinda pointless.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
LumpyCustard

I note that Symless are now no longer advertising the feature (drag and drop / copy paste files) on their main website.

There was a post from their CEO back in 2017 advising they would be rewriting the feature for version 2.1 due "early next year" (mentioned in 2017), but that has not come to fruition.

I am able to seamlessly copy and paste files via clipboard using apps like TeamViewer, so the capability does exist in other products (not to say that TeamViewer and Synergy are in the same category of software -- just that other devs have figured out a way to initiate a transfer without the user needing to do anything other than copy and paste).

Here is the post from the CEO:

https://forums.symless.com/topic/2810-drag-and-drop-not-working/?do=findComment&comment=19485

I'm not going to ask for a refund, as the feature is no longer advertised on the website, however I did used to use Synergy many many years ago and made the assumption that the feature still existed when purchasing it.

Shame this hasn't been fixed 4 years later :(

Edited by LumpyCustard