Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

macOS Catalina (beta) and Synergy

I know, I know. It is an early beta. But just in case someone can help, here is the error my mac (as a client) gives me since I installed the beta:

"The Executable /applications/Synergy.app/Contents/MacOS/synergyc could not be successfully started, although it does exist. Please check if you have sufficient permissions to run this program"

I believe I have given all the permissions required, but still get this error.

Any assistance for an admittedly early (too?) adopter would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Notsileous

Not sure which version of synergy you are using but I was able to connect on my mac running the current beta of Catalina and Synergy 2 but it took a good 10-15 minutes to connect. I was actually about 2 motions away from removing  Synergy2 and installing Synergy1 when it finally connected.

Thanks! I was using version 1, and it never connected. I upgraded to version 2 and it does finally connect. Thanks so much!

Rob

• 3 months later...
computerMatt

For what it's worth, I was able to get synergy 1 to connect as a client after an upgrade install of Catalina (where synergy was already present).  There was a prompt to allow access, but after clicking it, I've been able to use 1.10 just fine so far.

Symless sent out an email about Catalina and supported O/S versions. They don't make it clear though how this relates to Synergy v1 and v2.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
19 hours ago, IT Troll said:

They don't make it clear though how this relates to Synergy v1 and v2.

It relates to Synergy 1, which is the currently supported version.

1 hour ago, Nick Bolton said:

It relates to Synergy 1, which is the currently supported version.

Sure, but what is the advice for Synergy 2 users?

1. Synergy 2 works OK so it is safe to upgrade to Catalina.
  2. Synergy 2 also has issues and so once the issue is fixed in Synergy 1, Synergy 2 users will have to switch to Synergy 1 to support Catalina.
Edited by IT Troll
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
6 hours ago, IT Troll said:

Synergy 2 users will have to switch to Synergy 1 to support Catalina.

Yes, unfortunately, we do not have the resources to solve issues in Synergy 2 at this time, so Synergy 2 users will need to use Synergy 1. Synergy 2 users are entitled to a refund, and they are also entitled to a free upgrade to the next major version when we release it for general sale.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

Yes, unfortunately, we do not have the resources to solve issues in Synergy 2 at this time, so Synergy 2 users will need to use Synergy 1.

Thanks for the clarification. I had hoped to limp along on v2 until v3 was released, but Catalina will force me back to v1. Perhaps you should set an official retirement date for Synergy 2. I guess you are having to maintain cloud infrastructure for it which will have a cost.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
11 hours ago, IT Troll said:

Perhaps you should set an official retirement date for Synergy 2. I guess you are having to maintain cloud infrastructure for it which will have a cost.

Yes, Synergy 2 is costing us to maintain but we are no longer selling early access. Those who already have access to Synergy 2 will continue to do so until we officially retire it. We are expecting to retire Synergy 2 when the alpha/beta of the next major version is a usable replacement. This could be as soon as Q2-Q3 next year, but we have no set date (we don't want to rush things again).

Harrison Kurtz

Any updates on the Catalina fixes? Unfortunately running Synergy from Finder isn't working for me.... it is stuck in the "Synergy is starting" phase.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 10/17/2019 at 2:48 PM, Harrison Kurtz said:

Any updates on the Catalina fixes?

We're about to release an update that should fix this, and we're currently doing QA testing.

For updates, please watch this thread:

• Nick Bolton locked this topic