Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Why are you guys so slow in development of a stable version of V2 of synergy??

I am fed up with you guys ref. to progression and development processes and leadership. There been years in development of the version 2, and its still in beta!!
I used synergy to improve my work processes, especially at home office use, but i have waited for a stable version for v2 now so long that i have given up. I have instead invested in a physical switch for separate pc-clients in ref to monitor and keyboard interfaces and file transfers etc. The v2beta is so full off bugs that its not something i can count on daily work (i must restart the synergy-config process 5 times a day at least, if i use vpn you can double that).

From a former customer.

AJ

They abandoned development of V2 months ago. They're maintaining V1 while working on V3 from scratch, and they're moving all V2 customers to V3.

• 1 month later...
snaptastic
On 6/24/2019 at 9:54 AM, eth0 said:

They abandoned development of V2 months ago. They're maintaining V1 while working on V3 from scratch, and they're moving all V2 customers to V3.

Hi, sorry to dig up an old post. Where did you hear this?

Edit: Nevermind, see the last paragraph here: https://symless.com/blog/synergy-1-10-2-finally-released

Edited by snaptastic
  • 3 weeks later...

i personally can get synergy v1 to work for me, if i put the energy down,. since i have a personal hobby and curiosity to explore new technology and iam an it-engineer (and a extreme geek) . But i think you misread my post.. I would have ordered 200+ licences for synergy for my hole company if the low-level, easy,  interface and low competency interface of v2 actually would have worked.. that is something i can put down as a ROI (return of investment) to improve the work processes of my company of many roles not only the it-developers, but including HR, communication, administration, business personnel (+ a lot more) that dont have the direct it-competency to configure a v1 of synergy to work for them..

The synergy executive leaders obviously dont understand this basic marked escalation rule in technical and business development , and thats why you guys are not my customer.. if synergy is not bankrupt in 12 months time, without any organizational and strategy changes, i will be surprised! (i will think this company have a board that speaks for the investors and that is over the CEO, its their job to make changes if the executive branch dont deliver and fails again and again..)

2-3 years for the v3.. (any of you guys heard of devops?) witch investor is bankrolling this? (i surely would`t)

AJ