Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Desktop Drag and Drop

I have two windows 8 PCs with Synergy working OK - mouse moves OK and clipboard is transferred. However, the drag and drop does not work. Both logs show: INFO: drag and drop enabled ERROR: failed to get desktop path, no drop target available, error=2 My desktops are both contained on a different drive from the Windows (ie windows is on C: and most of my user profile resides on D:). Using %USERPROFILE%\Desktop gets me to the correct desktop file. Any thoughts as to why I get the error? Thanks, Edit: Sorry - maybe this is the same problem as the previous Drag and Drop issue in this section?? [url]http://synergy-project.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37[/url]
mitivic
Windows 8.1 drag to Windows 7 doesn't work either. V1.7.1 Pro account DEBUG1: try to leave "server" on right DEBUG: failed to get drag file name from OLE DEBUG1: thread 0x000018a0 exit DEBUG2: find neighbor on right of "server" DEBUG2: "client" is on right of "server" at 0.402327 DEBUG1: try to leave "server" on right INFO: switch from "server" to "client" at 0,362 INFO: leaving screen
  • 2 weeks later...
Ben Maxwell
Hi, I have found if you have 'Elevate mode' enabled (Edit Menu > Settings > 'Elevate mode') the drag and drop feature does not function giving the error you have stated. If you disable that mode it does seem to work.