Get SynergyOpen a support ticket

Synergy dumps take up all drive space

I've reported this over email to the team, but it seems had no effect. C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\Symless\Synergy\dumps\reports folder now takes 67Gb of disk space and contains ~400k files. 

**@** /cygdrive/c/Users/***/AppData/Local/Symless/Synergy/dumps/reports
$ ls -la | wc -l
**@** /cygdrive/c/Users/***/AppData/Local/Symless/Synergy/dumps/reports
$ du -csbh
du: cannot access './277864f5-6bb5-4bb0-bf16-10c58f6387fe.dmp': No such file or directory
du: cannot access './88d3f504-1c5e-489e-988b-ddb33fd48bcb.dmp': No such file or directory
du: cannot access './cd9bea63-7734-476d-a407-ffaafca6b86d.dmp': No such file or directory
du: cannot access './e791309a-3158-4bc8-ba4a-76da2d651f6c.dmp': No such file or directory
67G     .
67G     total

And this is after I cleaned it up ~3 weeks ago ( it was over 100Gb). How so ? 

Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0) Synergy Version: 2.0.12-beta

• 1 year later...
sean11111

Did you figure out how to delete the .dmp files? I've tried applications like File Assassin and haven't had any luck. My folder has more than 5 million of these files :( 

• 1 year later...

Holy shit. 1.18TB of junk files. I spent the entire day trying to nail down what was taking up so much space on my comp.

Day started when no applications would start because my SSD was completely full, despite me not downloading/installing anything of substance for over a week. I had tried briefly before to locate the source of the bloat on my computer to no avail. Today I spent a few hours freeing up 300gb of space before deciding to go folder by folder from my C: drive. 

After seeing a spike in appdata and local, I went folder by folder to see what was causing the issue. 

My Synergy folder built up 1.18 TB of dump files. That is 63% of my total storage capacity. What the fuck is up with this?

I installed this program back in 2018 when I first got my current computer and then stopped using it once I got a multi-monitor setup shortly thereafter. What in the world caused this program to build up so much pointless data on my computer when I have not even been using it for several years?

I want to personally thank the devs for fucking up my comp for the past several years. No longer using your terrible products.

Symless1.png