Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Failed to Connect to Server: timed out

Major Payne

Good Morning,

I work from home from time to time. My company is moving from Cisco Anyconnect to Global Protect VPN, with Cisco I was able to use synergy and setup a ddns. I have attempted the same setup withy global protect and it's timing out. Any help is appreciative.

Kelvin Tran

What Synergy version? If you're using S2, I'd try using Synergy 1 and manually setting the server IP if possible over the VPN connection.

• 2 months later...
Major Payne

I am still getting this issue. As this program is not a supported program from my company they will not help me troubleshoot. 

• 4 months later...

I am also interested in hearing from Symless/Synergy about this issue.  We are moving from AnyConnect to Global Protect and I can't connect to my server from the client.  I am currently running Synergy 1 Pro(1.10.3-stable-xxx) on both of my Mac laptops, and they are both running the latest version of Mac OS Mojave.

• 1 month later...

I just started having this issue after switching my setup a bit.

I have a fritz.box running my cable internet, and behind it is an asus GT-AX11000 with 2 mesh nodes running in access point mode since yesterday. (I had it set up to be wireless router first, but connected to the fritz.box)

the fritz is running an IP address space 10.1.10.x, the asus was running a 192.168.50.xx. since I switched it into access point mode (meaning DHCP is handled by fritz.box again) synergy stopped working as long as GLobalprotect is active and pings to my 10.1.10 devices dont get through.

I saw that the standard gateway in globalprotect starts with a 10. too, so its a 10.459.xxx.xxx as standard gateway.  it's a bit too late here atm to test and change my firtz.box IP address range, but ... this does look like it could be causing an issue

the weird bit is though, before i bought the asus router, synergy worked fine with the original setup just with the fritzbox...

Edited by fnkstr
19 minutes ago, fnkstr said:

I just started having this issue after switching my setup a bit.

I have a fritz.box running my cable internet, and behind it is an asus GT-AX11000 with 2 mesh nodes running in access point mode since yesterday. (I had it set up to be wireless router first, but connected to the fritz.box)

the fritz is running an IP address space 10.1.10.x, the asus was running a 192.168.50.xx. since I switched it into access point mode (meaning DHCP is handled by fritz.box again) synergy stopped working as long as GLobalprotect is active and pings to my 10.1.10 devices dont get through.

I saw that the standard gateway in globalprotect starts with a 10. too, so its a 10.459.xxx.xxx as standard gateway.  it's a bit too late here atm to test and change my firtz.box IP address range, but ... this does look like it could be causing an issue

the weird bit is though, before i bought the asus router, synergy worked fine with the original setup just with the fritzbox...

sorry, no gateway is specified in Globalprotect (automatically detected as a 185.xx.xx.xx, but the DNS servers are on  10.48.xx.xx addresses.