Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 stops responding/white screen?

garbageaccount

So synergy 2.0.  Ive used it for quite some time.  By and large, problem free too.  Matter a fact, it still works now.  

Unfortunately when I try to start the synergy helper/config application, it does show up in my tray, but if i try to open the window - I get a blank white window that stops responding.  So at current it technically "works" but if i wanted to change something with the configuration, id be screwed.

Anyone have any ideas?  

i know its not an innate synergy issue as I'm able to open it just fine on another pc.  Im at a loss as to what would cause the display to be blank.  I have another application with a web based interface which behaves the same way matter a fact.  I thought it was exclusive to that app, evidently not. 

Edited by klepp0906
garbageaccount

whelp, figured it out.  half way anyhow.  The windows are opening on my accessory display.  I moved them there intentionally.  However for some reason they open fine on one display, but not the other.  Both are running off the same GPU.

argh :P

garbageaccount

a poster on another site dedicated to the "other" software I speak of had this to say.

"Both make use of QT for their graphical UI the issue likely originates there"

ill post back if I find out any more info. 

garbageaccount

i spoke with the simulationcraft guys on their github and they said they believe it was 5.9.1 so I assume yours is the same or thereabouts.   However the QT folks had this to say.

"perhaps the symless/synergy folks have more information or could provide a backtrace of the hanging process."

which is above my pay-grade so to speak.   

the initial reply from their tech was 

"Sorry, we're going to need a little bit more information in order to be able to act on this. In a nutshell we'll need some way fo reproducing this using a test case. Alternatively, if you could attach a debugger to the hanging application (built with debug symbols) and provide it here, then we may be able to diagnose what the root cause might be."

Reproducing is going to be impossible for them (or you) i imagine considering it doesnt seem to be widespread and is related to what I can only assume is a specific update within my config.  The latter part (debugger) im unfamiliar with but if someone here is feeling helpful id love to get those guys something tangible they can use to get this solved :P

• 1 month later...
garbageaccount

still trying to solve this.  also presents itself with citra, which also uses qt.   

undoubtedly tied to qt but without more information, they say they cant help. 

garbageaccount

aaaaaaand found the culprit.  no idea about the technical side, or where to go from here.

Asus Sonic Studio/Radar.

Removed, and everything that uses qt opens fine on secondary monitor.   Go figure.