Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

ctrl-alt-del on client

UnixGeekinNCUSA

UnixGeekinNCUSA

I've had to reinstall windows (had linux) on laptop. I use my Linux desktop as server, as I plug the laptop into a dock when in office and take it when I leave.

So now, when screens lock. The windows client wants ctrl+alt+del pressed. Any way to do this in Synergy 2? I really don't want to go back to 1 just for this reason.

Love the transparency how S2 works across networks, etc. Looking forward to updates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to comment that I also really would like to have this feature on synergy 2 as soon as possible. In my case I'm going windows -> windows. ctrl+alt+break doesn't send ctrl+alt+del to the client as it did in synergy 1, and there's no options page that i could find on 2 to give me the option.

Thanks, loving synergy 2 so far besides that!

On 11/27/2018 at 5:49 PM, UnixGeekinNCUSA said:

I've had to reinstall windows (had linux) on laptop. I use my Linux desktop as server, as I plug the laptop into a dock when in office and take it when I leave.

So now, when screens lock. The windows client wants ctrl+alt+del pressed. Any way to do this in Synergy 2? I really don't want to go back to 1 just for this reason.

Love the transparency how S2 works across networks, etc. Looking forward to updates.

• 4 weeks later...
PhooManChew

Any idea on this issue?  I am having the same issue on Fedora 29 and Windows 7.  Fedora is the server and Windows is the client.

Edited by PhooManChew
update
  • 3 weeks later...

I just upgraded to Synergy2 and noticed this particular issue right away. Having the ability to lock all machines and unlock them would be nice.

Both my server and client are both running Windows 7 64bit.

• 5 months later...

+1 on this issue.  Server is Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, client is Windows 10 64-bit.  Surprisingly stable when you uninstall the standard Ubuntu-bundled Synergy package.