Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Need Help first time setup

I need some help please where do I find the HOST name so I can enter it into the Server. I also can't find a PDF or a readme for the Program I have the Pro Version. I appreciate a link or point me in the right direction. I'm using this program for the first time..thank you  

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit

Edited by [email protected]
Kelvin Tran

Please send me a screenshot of your interface. A picture on your phone will suffice if you're unfamiliar on how to take a screenshot.

We appreciate you trying out Synergy and seeing if it will integrate into your workflow!

An official readme doesn't exist for Synergy quite yet, though volunteer moderators were at work creating unofficial documentation that has since been repealed due to lack of active maintenance. We learned very quickly that maintaining a readme/manual is a time-consuming job that Symless doesn't have time to focus on due to the other disasters they have to deal with and that mods can't maintain because of our jobs outside of the Synergy world.

In theory, you should not have to enter a hostname. In essence, the hostname is the name of the computer. You can check this by going to the Start "orb", right clicking on Computer on the right slide, and clicking on Properties. You'll find the computer name. Please do this on the server.

As I said, though, you should not have to enter a hostname. Both versions of Synergy (stable and alpha) support auto-configuration, a process where the clients all discover the computer running the server version of Synergy on the network and connect to it automatically. Please set the option that says something to the effect of "Automatic" configuration, as opposed to manual configuration, if this hasn't been tried already.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you for getting back to me I'll let you know how it works out.. I didn't notice the "Automatic" configuration" thanks for the heads up..I'm  trying to run Synergy on 4 computer running Windows 7 64 bit & 1 laptop running Windows 7 64 bit

Kelvin Tran
6 hours ago, Johntony said:

Thank you for getting back to me I'll let you know how it works out.. I didn't notice the "Automatic" configuration" thanks for the heads up..I'm  trying to run Synergy on 4 computer running Windows 7 64 bit & 1 laptop running Windows 7 64 bit

No problem. Let me know how it works out.