Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

This is strange, 2 computers, 4 showing in Synergy - and no connection??

I just installed 2.0.12 on my LinuxMint (LM) desktop and my iMac. LM is the server computer. The Synergy window on my LM desktop displays the computer name, mike-PI-desktop (picture attached). The Synergy window on my iMac displays the exact same computer icon configuration but with the computer name Schill5-iMac.attlocal.net. Note that both physical computer screens show my server (mike-PI-desktop) icon twice. They also display two different versions of my iMac (Schill5-iMac.attlocal.net) & (Schill5-iMac.local) icon. One last item to point out - the Schill5-iMac.local icon has a white dot in the bottom border.

As you can see in the picture, the moving green bar is under the same two computer icons on both physical computer screens, mike-PI-desktop and Schill5-iMac.attlocal.net, however the mouse and keyboard are not being shared? Below is the synergy.conf file that resides in my /home/mike directory. Not sure if Synergy is reading a different .conf file? Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance. Mike

section: screens
    mike-PI-desktop:
        halfDuplexCapsLock = false
        halfDuplexNumLock = false
        halfDuplexScrollLock = false
        xtestIsXineramaUnaware = false
        switchCorners = none
        switchCornerSize = 0
    Schill5-iMac.attlocal.net:
end

section: aliases
end

section: links
    mike-PI-desktop:
    right = Schill5-iMac.attlocal.net
    Schill5-iMac.attlocal.net:
    left = mike-PI-desktop
end

section: options
    relativeMouseMoves = false
    screenSaverSync = true
    win32KeepForeground = false
    clipboardSharing = true
    switchCorners = none
    switchCornerSize = 0
end

Screenshot from 2018-11-22 10-08-30.png

Edited by MikeSchi

Daniel, I viewed the /var/lib/synergy/synergy.conf file on my Linux computer (which runs the server service) and saw that my mike-PI-desktop was listed twice in the screens and links section. I deleted it from these sections, however, when I restarted the app the dup desktop appeared. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my iMac (client) and restarted the app on both desktops. All four computer icons appeared once again, however this time I right clicked the duplicate mike-PI-desktop computer icon on the Linux computer (the one that did not have the "active" green icon underneath) and once I did that the mouse and keyboard were shared.

It remains to be seen if this issue will resurface when I restart one or the other computer - but for now it appears the problem is solved. I will open a ticket using the link you provided should the problem reappear. Thank you.

Mike