Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Problem with snap back scrolling with multiple resolutions

Colorfinger

I have two monitors on both machines that I'm working with (both Windows). Both machines have one 4K and one 1080p monitor. On the client machine, I'm using a 4K monitor with 150% scaling (left), and a 1080p monitor with 100% scaling (right). When I move the mouse from the 4K monitor to the 1080p monitor, it goes about 1/3 of the way across before snapping back to the left edge of the screen. I can capture a video of the behavior if needed, but before I do I'd like to know ... is what I've described a known issue with screen scaling or varying resolutions?

Colorfinger

Yes! Sorry I should've posted that up front.

This is with Synergy 1 (latest build) and Windows 10. Monitor configuration from left to right is:

HOST 1080p, HOST 4K, Client 4K, Client 1080p

Without using Synergy, the back scrolling behavior doesn't happen on the client. Like I said above, I can get a video for you folks if it would help, but I won't have access to the machine again until Saturday.

Colorfinger

Yes! Sorry I should've posted that up front.

This is with Synergy 1 (latest build) and Windows 10. Monitor configuration from left to right is:

HOST 1080p, HOST 4K, Client 4K, Client 1080p

Without using Synergy, the back scrolling behavior doesn't happen on the client. Like I said above, I can get a video for you folks if it would help, but I won't have access to the machine again until Saturday.

I should also have added I did try using Synergy 2 Pro as well, but had configuration issues with that since the machines wouldn't reliably handshake on startup.