Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy crashes when screen is locked

Nicolas Göddel

Nicolas Göddel

Hi,

I updated to Synergy 1.10.1-stable-8941241e and still got problems with crashes and more than one instance running at the same time.

My host PC is a Windows 7 PC and the client is an Ubuntu 18.04, both 64 bit machines and OS. In the majority of time Synergy works flawlessly. But sometimes after disconnects from the network and always after locking both screens I got the message that synergy has crashed and the question if I want to restart it. That error message is annoying because Synergy is still working. It seems it has restarted itself just fine although I don't know why it crashed at all. But sometimes on the linux side there are now two "synergy" processes which seem to compete against each other until I kill one of them. At the time both a running the mouse only works every other seconds instead of flawlessly. The issue with the two processes was not there until I upgraded to 1.10.1 from 1.8.8. But the crashes were always there.

Also there is that issue with the clipboard. From time to time it happens that I can not copy things from one side to the other until I restart the host process. And if I do so I also get that crash report from windows although the only thing I did was clicking on Stop and on Start again. Most of the time the issue with the clipboard is solved this way.

• 1 month later...

@Nicolas Göddel Did this help?  I have the exact same issue.  New Synergy 1.10.1 installs on two Win 7 machines.  Both with the same lock issue.  i can reproduce 100% of the time.  Id love some help with this if there is an answer.   Maybe v2 is a better option?...

Update from me:  I followed the clean install instructions and everything has been fine since (24 hours so far). 

It's odd, in that these were new machines and the issue occurred after Synergy was installed for the first time.  But I don't really care, its up and running and all features are stable.  Thanks all.