Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Two second lag moving from Linux Server to Win10 client

Hi Guys,

I've got synergy 1.10.1 running on Fedora 28 x86_64 as a server, talking with a Windows 10 (and just recently a windows 7) laptop runningon 1.10.1-stable-8941241e and I'm getting driven to distraction by the lag when moving the mouse from the Linux screen to the Windows screen.  It's instant when moving back to the Linux desktop, no delay at all.  I have the Windows client open and I can see the delay in the logging, it pauses for 1-2 seconds before it acknowledges the transition between screens.  I'm not running TLS at all.  My ping times are under 1ms consistently, since I'm using a wired network with 1gig connections on both sides. 

When I'm moving around on the Windows client, the mouse is fast and responsive, no lag and no problems.  It's when I'm trying to work on the edges and the mouse slips easily to the Linux (server) desktop no problem ,but takes 1-2 seconds to react on the Windows client.  Driving me nuts!  Any suggestions?  Do I have a firewall issue somewhere? 

Thanks,

John

Wired connection.  The move back from the Win10 Client to the Linux server is instantaneous.  I've also rebooted both systems recently, no change. 

It's wierd, I almost think it's something to do with Win10 permissions. If I move into the Win10 client screen... it doesn't appear but it will suddenly pop up where you'd expect it to be if had shown up instantly.  Say 2" or so into the screen.  But since the visual feedback is missing, it's hard to find them mouse once you move it into the Win10 client screen, since you don't have it appear where you expect it.