Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Server list box instead of text box

On my Macbook-pro, the text-box is changed to a list-box with an empty list, not able to fill in an ip.
5be552251f071_ScreenShot2018-11-09at10_23_39.png.82def13b56152e0e8c82910e1a7f28e4.png
My other device (IMac) does not encounter this problem. I use Synergy 1 Pro 1.10.1 on both systems.
Solution anybody?

I solved it by installing an older version of synergy (1.8.7). Then filling in the right ip and reinstalling the newest 1.10.1version which remembers the ip.

Edited by SNG

I am seeing exactly the same issue running 1.10.1 Pro on Ubuntu 16.04.  The machine in question used to run as a server (with 1.6), but I now wish to configure it as a client.  All my other machines (Ubuntu 18.04 and Win10) are running 1.10.  Note that I do not regard "install an older version, then reinstall 1.10 as "resolving the issue"!

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Ah, just re-read the OP, and I see the issue. The drop-down shows when auto-config is enabled. Please go to settings (File menu on Windows, or the Synergy menu on Mac) and disable auto config. Let me know if that doesn't help, and I'll see what else we can do.

• 4 months later...
Rafael Pedrosa

I'm having the same problem here. But I can't disable the "Enable Auto Config" :(

Why is this disabled for me? 

I'm using a MAC Air and a Windows 10. The problem is happening in the windows platform

Edited by Rafael Pedrosa
it is disable. Not enable
  • 1 year later...

on first start after a fresh install of 1.12.0-stable I was presented with a dropdown box as if auto config was enabled. Since auto config was not enabled after the fresh install, I had to enable it then disable it for the server textbox to appear.