Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Weird key repeat issue.

This is between 2 Fedora 28 hosts, both running 1.10.1.

This is easily seen in emacs on the client, but its not limited to emacs. Pretty much any app. If I hit a single ctrl-n, or p (for next and previous) it does the right thing. If I hold ctrl-n or ctrl-p down it will register once as ctrl-n, then I'll see for n's printed in my editor, then will continue to be treated as ctrl-n.

Any ctrl sequence has this issue. Just ctrl-n/p are often used in editors, or the terminal, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I have the same problem and it has only happened since updating to the 1.10.1 build.

I have it running between a windows 10 and a Debian machine, both are using the same version.

• 2 months later...
Kelvin Tran
On 1/16/2019 at 9:43 AM, UrbanSlayer said:

I am also having this issue.  Server is macOS Mojave (latest) and client Linux Mint 19.1.  Both are running the 1.10.1 build.

Can you confirm whether the issue is present in v2.x?

UrbanSlayer
On 22/01/2019 at 7:37 AM, Kelvin Tran said:

Can you confirm whether the issue is present in v2.x?

I was under the impression v2.x was still Beta? i have previously used v2, but had significant connection issues.  Is v2 now ready for general use?

If so, I will upgrade and test.

Kelvin Tran
On 1/25/2019 at 7:59 AM, UrbanSlayer said:

I was under the impression v2.x was still Beta? i have previously used v2, but had significant connection issues.  Is v2 now ready for general use?

If so, I will upgrade and test.

Synergy 2 is still beta. My reasoning behind asking that question was to see whether that issue had been fixed in a newer version, not for you to switch to that.

That might provide something useful for devs if they see that a codebase that they also maintain lacks the same issue.

• 6 months later...
Mr Timeseries

I'm having this problem as well.  Ubuntu client and server running 1.10.2.  Periodically the client hangs and if I was in the midst of typing it will repeat the last typed character a 100 times or so.