Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse stuck on client after Windows 10 October Update (Version 1809)

Martin Fürholz

I am having the very same issue again after the Windows 10 October update (Version 1809) yesterday.

Tried everything - uninstalling and re-installing Synergy, switching host PC...

Please Symless I urge you to use the Windows 10 beta before important upgrades (especially the bin autumn-upgrades), it's not really nice to let the user beta-test it for you for free.

Can you please tell me how to fix this issue? The mouse gets stuck on all clients after switching, and cannot be brought back without disabling synergy on either the client or the host manually.

I have uploaded the logs with ticket 81246.

Kind regards

image.png.bc4fa69f236ea866dc3461b48630360d.png

image.png.da9556c79f5212ad96b9c1205bc7fcd7.png

Martin Fürholz

I would like to add - in all fairness - that Synergy 2 was working really really well during the past couple of months, mostly without any issues at all until this recent Windows Upgrade/Update.

James Weissman
On 10/3/2018 at 4:27 PM, Martin Fürholz said:

I would like to add - in all fairness - that Synergy 2 was working really really well during the past couple of months, mostly without any issues at all until this recent Windows Upgrade/Update.

Totally agree. S2 was working perfectly. After 1809, not so much. It occasionally works right but I sometimes have to wake it up by opening the app on my server/master.

If I mouse into a client mouse clicks tend to toggle the minimize/maximize state of windows and the cursor gets stuck in the client. I found that I could regain control of the cursor by doing a ctrl-alt-delete on the client. [Then just hit ESC to cancel it].

• 3 weeks later...
Martin Fürholz

Update:

After performing a clean install of Synergy  2 as described here: 

on the client *and* the host, it started working again.