Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Autohotkey Detect Synergy

I have lots of custom key locations for different applications.

Right now I am trying to assign the ContextMenu key on my laptop to be another windows key solely in Synergy

So I have effectively Ctrl(mac control) Windows(Cmd on mac) alt(alt on mac) on both sides.

My idea was to do this with Autohotkey but it doesn't appear to be a way to detect if keys are being sent to Synergy or another application.

This is a simplified example of what I am try to do but illustrates that they appears to be no way to detect Synergy. 

#IfWinActive ahk_class NotebookFrame
  Shift::Send shift
#IfWinActive

Return::
  WinGetClass, class, A
  MsgBox, The active window's class is "%class%".
  return

Edited by AWilliams
Kelvin Tran

Synergy works at the driver level to simulate the I/O bus on the other computer. Hence, software such as AHK won't necessarily be able to detect when a particular piece of data is being sent to Synergy because it will be intercepted by the Synergy service before AHK has a chance to.

Developers, please correct me if I am incorrect @Nick Bolton, but I believe Synergy works at the driver level.

Edited by Kelvin Tran

I would like to add autohotkey does work for reassigning limit versions of keys.

I would very much support a window or something that gets focused to be able to detect which key to use with autohotkey.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 9/19/2018 at 7:33 AM, Kelvin Tran said:

Developers, please correct me if I am incorrect @Nick Bolton, but I believe Synergy works at the driver level.

Actually, it works at the OS API level :) (this is less low level than talking to drivers)

Kelvin Tran
Just now, Nick Bolton said:

Actually, it works at the OS API level :) (this is less low level than talking to drivers)

Ah. I thought it talked to drivers. Sorry!

• 2 weeks later...