Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Multiple Monitor On Slave

franticstone

I have windows machine with screen in center and imac on the right and the imac has a secondary monitor on the left hand side of the windows machine. 

Windows is the server and the mac is a slave.

What I want to do is move mouse left of windows machine i get the monitor attached to imac and if i move the mouse to right of windows i get onto the imac. 

My question is this possible

Attached is a representative layout of my screen

monitorsetup.png

Kelvin Tran
5 hours ago, franticstone said:

Away from computer. But I downloaded it 4 days ago if that helps or should I reply tomorrow when I the absolute versions?

We don't necessarily need to know what version of Synergy (by dot release) you're using. With that being said, what we do need to know is the branch of Synergy that you're using.

I'll show you two pictures. Show me the one that best describes how your version of Synergy looks.

Synergy 1:

5b726378c76f5_ScreenShot2018-08-14at12_06_49AM.thumb.jpg.f9d3ffa59fb78e0823c4173018e09aaa.jpg

Synergy 2:

synergy_586625_full.jpeg.c25f63bd37ec9f157e614ed4f71c7eb7.jpeg

Kelvin Tran

About your question, it may not be possible with Synergy, with the reason being that Synergy treats multi-monitor set-ups as one computer regardless of how many monitors you have. The task of designating which monitor the mouse is to be present on is relegated to your operating system due to Synergy's inability to recognize that you've plugged in multiple monitors.

With that being said, please note that there are some potential solutions that I can think of.

First one to try: Go to System Preferences and set your external display to be the main display. Then drag the iMac display to the left of that one. Now you can drag to the left to get to the external display and to the left again for it to wrap around to the iMac display. A truly seamless experience such as the one that you proposed in your original post isn't possible, from the methods that I'm currently aware of. However, the compromise that I've proposed here provides the closest experience to seamless that I can think of at the moment. Sorry.

franticstone

Regarding what version it is the first one its not the beta easy install.

I get what you are saying I really do. I thought it may be treated as such. Maybe one could suggest an enhancement where the system can detect and treat supplemental monitors as their own entity. This would make this application truly excellent in my opinion. 

Kelvin Tran
6 hours ago, franticstone said:

Regarding what version it is the first one its not the beta easy install.

I get what you are saying I really do. I thought it may be treated as such. Maybe one could suggest an enhancement where the system can detect and treat supplemental monitors as their own entity. This would make this application truly excellent in my opinion. 

I understand your frustration and your perspective. I've landed myself in that situation before. It really is frustrating.

However, for the meantime, that can't be implemented and as such, a compromise and workaround will have to be found for the moment in order to maintain your productivity. My proposed solution is one of many that you can try.