Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

I can not install synergy 1.10 on Linux Mint 18.3 Xfce, Dependency error

Kelvin Tran
23 minutes ago, colormar said:

I can not install synergy 1.10 on Linux Mint 18.3 Xfce
Always the error was "Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libqt5core5a (>=5.7.0)"

After trying to solve the error for several weeks; I found that there is a deb version for UBUNTU that does not appear in the regular downloads.
https://symless.com/synergy/download/direct?platform=ubuntu&architecture=x64
I had nothing to lose, so try that version, and install it perfectly on Linux Mint 18.3. Everything working wonderfully.

I write this in case someone else has this installation problem ..

@Nick Bolton Didn't you mention in another post that the download page was glitched to not serve the x64 Ubuntu download?

On 30/7/2018 at 1:11 AM, Kelvin Tran said:

@Nick Bolton Didn't you mention in another post that the download page was glitched to not serve the x64 Ubuntu download?

No, @Nick Bolton, it was not me who said that.

• 2 months later...

Was there ever a fix for this?  Even when I try to use link you provided that should provide the ubuntu version (instead of debian) I still get synergy 1.10.1...deb. I've not found anything in the forums with a solution. :-(

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 7/30/2018 at 5:11 AM, Kelvin Tran said:

Yeah, the download page really sucks right now. I'm so unhappy with it. I plan to fix this.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Chip Wagner

When I went to install v 1.10.2 on my Linux system, I received the error "Dependency is not satisfiable: libqt5core5a (>=5.12.2)". I am on the latest Linux Mint version at the moment (19.1) and this appears to be an issue. I have contacted support.

Xerotope
1 hour ago, Chip Wagner said:

When I went to install v 1.10.2 on my Linux system, I received the error "Dependency is not satisfiable: libqt5core5a (>=5.12.2)". I am on the latest Linux Mint version at the moment (19.1) and this appears to be an issue. I have contacted support.

Ugh, I had this problem on Ubuntu when Synergy 2 came out.  No reason for them to package the .deb with such a high version number.

You can probably build from source here: https://github.com/symless/synergy-core and it will work.

• 9 months later...
Francesco

Hi,

i just bought synergy and during the installation on Linux Mint 19.2 i received the same issue already posted!

I received the error "Dependency is not satisfiable: libqt5core5a (>=5.12.2)"

Please let me know in which way i can fix it.

otherwise the product is unsefull