Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

MacOS Mojave beta: Synergy fails to start

Startup logs here: https://synergy-logs.symless.com/b16e2f1d8a683940cf2a167e3037461d/logs/9687-2018-07-18T09-12-33.log

This has been reported in the Synergy 1 forum as well.

MacOS version 10.14 Beta (18A336e)

Important lines in log file:

[ Core    ] [2018-07-18T09:12:21] DEBUG: waiting for event loop
[ Core    ] [2018-07-18T09:12:21] ERROR: failed to create quartz event tap
[ Service ] [2018-07-18T09:12:23] debug: core process exited: exit code=0 expected=false error=Undefined error: 0
[ Service ] [2018-07-18T09:12:23] error: can't wait() on core process: waitpid(2) failed: No child processes
[ Service ] [2018-07-18T09:12:23] debug: core process I/O cancelled unexpectedly
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Serbstream

Unfortunately no luck on my end with macOs Mojave version 10.14 Beta (18A353d) as client and Windows 10 as server using Synergy 2.0.12-beta

• 2 weeks later...

Server: macOS Mojave Beta 5 (18A347e), Synergy 2.0.10

Client: Ubuntu 18.04, Synergy 2.0.12

I know there are newer Mojave betas and Synergy 2 releases but I'm afraid to touch anything at this point since it's working well.

• 1 month later...
BallPlayer99

Neither Synergy 2.0.11 and 2.0.12 not working on the Mac OSx Mojave client.  Server is Win10 and the client is Mac OSX 10.14 Mojave. 

Getting the same error msg:  "ERROR: failed to create quartz event tap"

4 hours ago, RJS said:

I think the "failed to create quartz event tap" is linked to privacy permissioning issues.   I had this (both machines running Mac OSX Mojave) and fixed by going to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy and unchecking and then rechecking the box allowing Synergy to control the computer.  The second I did that the connection worked and Synergy is now ticking along nicely.   Good luck!

This solved it for me! Thank you so much!!

18 hours ago, RJS said:

I think the "failed to create quartz event tap" is linked to privacy permissioning issues.   I had this (both machines running Mac OSX Mojave) and fixed by going to System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy and unchecking and then rechecking the box allowing Synergy to control the computer.  The second I did that the connection worked and Synergy is now ticking along nicely.   Good luck!

Thanks it solved my problem

Mojave 10.14.1 (Beta 18B50c)

Synergy 2.0.12 - beta.

Fresh download and install, installer reports a critical error.  "failed to access volume"

On reboot synergy seems to have installed OK.   Strange.....

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/29/2018 at 3:12 PM, RJS said:

This also worked for me!! Thanks!!!

Just updated MacOS to Mojave and had this same issue.  Unchecking and re-checking "Synergy" under the "Privacy" tab of the "Accessibility" section of the "Security and Privacy" settings fixed it for me as well. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 8.19.01 AM.png

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

on Macbook Pro OS X Mojave I had to go to Synergy 1 and go to Security & Privacy then uncheck Synergy and recheck it to get it to work like the above comment shows. I tried everything too but that worked. Thanks for the help!