Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Disabling Auto-switch from one monitor to the other

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to disable the function to auto-switch to the secondary monitor (client) when dragging mouse on the edge of the screen.

When playing a game in fullscreen mode, if I go to close to the edge, it automatically alt+tab and switch to the other monitor.

Thank you!

Kelvin Tran
53 minutes ago, Frozy said:

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to disable the function to auto-switch to the secondary monitor (client) when dragging mouse on the edge of the screen.

When playing a game in fullscreen mode, if I go to close to the edge, it automatically alt+tab and switch to the other monitor.

Thank you!

Synergy 1 or Synergy 2?

If Synergy 1, go to Configure Server, Advanced Settings, and turn on dead corners. Or, better yet, make a hotkey to lock the mouse to the current system when pressed.

Kelvin Tran
1 hour ago, Frozy said:

Thank you very much! 

No problem! Happy to be of assistance.

I presume that was an adequate fix to your issue?

Edited by Kelvin Tran
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
KoRnBoy82

Hi, I was checking this old post. For me it do not work. I did an hotkey that switches to the other computer and then send the key scroll lock to lock the mouse in the other computer and it do not work. I even tried dead corners ans it also do not work. Is there another way like maybe using a configuration file and placing a really big value for the Switch After Waiting section?

image.png.60e16264ecc4453eeb6f6bbf72e8c1d3.png

ayalaresearch

Wow, that screen shot was really helpful. I had not figured out how to get hotkeys working. Now I can lock to one screen or the other, one of my main desired features.

KoRnBoy82
1 minute ago, ayalaresearch said:

Wow, that screen shot was really helpful. I had not figured out how to get hotkeys working. Now I can lock to one screen or the other, one of my main desired features.

Okay but in my case, it do not work and I don't know why lollol

ayalaresearch

This is the hotkey set up I just tried. I can toggle between locking to whatever screen my cursor/mouse is currently on.

I could not figure out how dead corners worked. I've include a screen shot of the hotkey setting, I used the Escape key, as my left hand is always near it and it is generally not a key that will mess anything up. Also, below that is my advanced server settings. I did mess with switch after waiting and switch on double tap, which is banging the cursor on that edge twice within the designated number of milliseconds, but I prefer the toggle key approach.  

image.png.38e0a5f62745b95e6933135628db6dcb.png

image.png.cc675eb3ffab553e1f941b27bfcf9f88.png

ayalaresearch

I'm glad you got this working. I've been using Synergy for about 2 years, I only just figured this out. I guess I didn't play around with it enough. I like the lock to screen toggle. Much more deliberate, but easy to switch off and on.

ayalaresearch

On a different note, some time my scrolling function disappears on my client machine and I have to flick back to the sever screen to get it working again. Not sure what that's all about.

ayalaresearch

Quick note, I didn't realize how often I use Escape to cancel a command in several programs, changed the hotkey to ALT-` that's the lowercase values for the  `~ key just above the TAB key on my keyboard.