Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 - Mouse gets stuck on clients screen

my mouse cursor is invisible on the clients screen and i can't get back to my main computer without changing hosts on synergy by using either the keyboard or mouse on other 2 computers. It's very frustrating since synergy 2 serves no purpose to me this way. it was working properly for one day, Tried uninstalling on all 3 computers and had no luck.

Also this is all on windows, i'm using windows 10 on my host and the two computers i get stuck with an invisible cursor on are windows 7

Edited by Insano
Colinator

I have been getting this periodically as well
W10 server
Ubuntu 16.04 client.

Mouse pointer gets stuck on the client, which seems to assign its self as the server. 

Client mouse can access the server desktop.

restarting both computers fixes the issue, restarting synergy2 doesn't 

i've uninstalled synergy on all my computers  because it doesn't work at properly at all. synergy gets mouse cursor stuck on other computers and i can't even use ctrl alt delete to get back to my main pc

Hans Van Damme

I have two PCs, a desktop acting as server, a laptop acting as client.

After the move to Synergy2, it often happened to me that I couldn't move the mouse pointer of the laptop any more from the server. 

It took me a while to find out: as soon as I touch the keyboard of the client PC, it no longer listens to the server. This lasts until I press space bar of the server.

I assume that there is some attempt happening in the background, automatically detecting who is the master. This logic seems flawed to me and I would suggest to disable it, or at least give the user the option to switch off this behaviour.

Colinator
On 6/18/2018 at 11:11 AM, Colinator said:

I have been getting this periodically as well
W10 server
Ubuntu 16.04 client.

Mouse pointer gets stuck on the client, which seems to assign its self as the server. 

Client mouse can access the server desktop.

restarting both computers fixes the issue, restarting synergy2 doesn't 

I believe this issue was actually due to me accidentally pressing `ScrLk`
So, at least in my case, this was not a synergy error

• 1 year later...

My organization is having the same issue with Windows 10 and Synergy 1.10.3 stable version. When both PCs are at the login screen the client will take over the keyboard and mouse and not release to the server until after login. Very frustrating since the old free version we were using worked well on windows 7.

Since my organization is using the paid version of the product, I reported this as a bug to Symless support, I was told they are aware of the issue however they could not provide a delivery date for the fix.

• 2 years later...

I have had this happen a number of times as well. I am currently using 1.14.0-stable (MacBook Pro as Server and Win10 as Client) but have had it happen on earlier versions as well. After some testing today I noticed it seems to occur most often if I press the right mouse button on the main display but release it on the client display, it's not consistently happening but I was able to reproduce the issue about several time in about 10 attempts. When it does happen there is a selection area on the main display (like when you drag a box around a group of icons to move them). which stays selected and doesn't release when moving to the client screen. It took a lot of mouse clicking and attempts to leave the client screen before it would get unstuck and once required me to unplug a secondary display from my MacBook Pro before it would release the cursor from the client display.

• Nick Bolton changed the title to Synergy 2 - Mouse gets stuck on clients screen
  • 1 year later...
hobbit1974

Is there a "panic" hotkey to bring back keyboard and mouse control to the main host? Similar to when you're using virtual box or vmware - and your keyboard and mouse gets taken over by the guest VM, you have a panic hotkey to escape out of the guest... This is also relevant to Synergy3.