Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy Intermittent Disconnect Quick Workaround

Austin K Gatlin

Greetings all, I have gone through all the troubleshooting steps I could find for this problem, but it still stops working very often. I have found a workaround. Note: This workaround will probably work on all Operating Systems. Of course sharing is caring, so here is the solution:

Open a text editor like notepad or notepad++ or your IDE of choosing. Enter this text: net stop Synergy && net start Synergy

Now save it as a .bat (batch) file. If you have a problem changing the file extension from a text file to a batch file, when you choose "Save As", choose under "Save as file type" and "All Files (*.*)" and save it in a permanent location. I put my file in my Windows folder.

For this to work it needs to be run as administrator. The only way to do this is to create a shortcut to it, Right-Click on it, click "Advanced", then check "Run as administrator."

If you wish to give it the Synergy icon, click "Change icon," browse to your Synergy installation folder, and "Open" "synergy-config.exe"

I hope this helps,

Austin

P.S. For your convenience I have attached the described files. Be sure to right click on the batch file and choose "Edit" to make sure the commands within are correct and safe. Here is the link:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XoRW555lJ960ejFT1WXsr7juKCWLedNf

Edited by Austin K Gatlin
Austin K Gatlin

Thank you, Kelvin. My reasoning for posting it under the developer section is because it is the only fix I have and I thought it might help with core development.

Edited by Austin K Gatlin
Austin K Gatlin

P.P.S. I should mention it takes a moment for the service to restart after the command prompt has closed.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Ah, core dev means synergy-core.exe (the open source core). Thanks for sharing anyway!