Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

GUI crashes immediately

Craig Emery

When I start the GUI - 2.0.12 I see an "empty" window and then it disappears.

So I cannot reconfigure my server and I cannot upload log files.

And this forum doesn't let me upload .dmp files!

GranPaSmurf

Sorry that you're having problems. Have you contacted our support team yet? https://symless.com/contact/customer-support

If you'd rather get help here on the forums, that's fine too. Please, could you share your log links for all of your computers? Often people can only help you troubleshoot if you share your log links. Please make sure you share only the actual log links (not the log file contents). Here's how...

https://symless.com/forums/topic/3207-synergy-2-how-to-send-your-logs/

Craig Emery

Hmmm. I did say the GUI won't run. The GUI is apparently the only way to upload log files.

Hence my complaint here.

Oh, OK, re-read the instructions. Trying again.

Edited by Craig Emery
GranPaSmurf

ah...got it.

What OSs are you using on each of the machines in your network that have Synergy installed?

GranPaSmurf

Thanks.

I haven't seen logs posted on PasteBin before. It looks like a good choice for your situation. We still need to figure a way to get your logs in front of support so the developers can scrutinize them.

I see you are using multiple monitors. Any chance the GUI is elsewhere from where you are looking? Just checking.

A lot of issues popped up after the April update having to do with window scaling. I'm wondering if you can set all the screens to 100% for troubleshooting.

Given all the troubleshooting you've already done, and while we wait to get Support involved, I'd do a thorough uninstall/reinstall. Synergy, since back in version 1, leaves some files behind after a standard uninstall. Some of these affect the configuration of new installations  I use a 3rd party uninstaller just so I can get everything. Nick has posted specific files to look for:

UN-RE-INSTALL
https://symless.com/forums/topic/4519-synergy-2-how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall/

Craig Emery

I tried 1.9.1 and it didn't work. I think in part as there's a corporate network in play and bonjour / Synergy 2 are better as asking the firewall for permission.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Ah, you actually don’t need Bonjour, it’s optional.

Craig Emery

I still got an error saying I couldn't open the port, and my local administrator would need to do it.

So Synergy 2 manages to open the connection (when it works) whereas 1 doesn't. IYSWIM