Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Monitor config

billycrid

Hello,

I am having some trouble configuring my monitor setup using Synergy 1.9 (i have tried on other versions as well). This is my setup: 

|------------|
                       |            |
                       | Windows s2 |
                       |            |
                       |------------|
  |--------| |---------------||---------------|
  |        | |               ||               |
  | Mac s1 | |   Mac S2      || Windows s1 (server)|
  |        | |               ||               |
  |--------| |---------------||---------------|

The problem i has is that leaving Windows S2 from the left will always take me to Mac S2 and leaving Mac s2 will sometimes take me to windows s2 or windows s1 (depending where i leave from on Mac S2)/ However, i am not able to move from left Windows S1 to Mac S2 and i am not able to move down windows s2 to mac s2

Any ideas what kinda config i would need for this to work? I am trying to work out screen coordinates from the logs on synergy but using them to calculate entry/exit points seems to break configs. I'd be grateful for any support :)
GranPaSmurf

(great graphic)

Way back...when I used V. 1 I had a set-up exactly like this. Way too long ago to find that config file. AND it's exactly the set-up I use now with Version 2.0.12 except mine aren't MACs.

Am I correct in assuming you tried Version 2 for this? With the new UI, you just mouse-grab a screen and shove it where you want it. Connecting half the monitor or just a sliver. 

I'm remembering the brain-sweat over calculating the % of one monitor against a different % of another monitor.

billycrid

Thanks for getting back to me! I have just tried with Version 2.0.12 but unfortunately despite having 4 monitors, i only see 2 on display and therefore cannot arrange them how i need them :( 

GranPaSmurf

Ahhh...

If you have 4 computers in your network that have Synergy 2.0 installed, then they should all show on the UI. If not, something's broken.

So the next step would have been to submit a Support ticket. https://symless.com/contact/customer-support

If V 1 is working for you, there is nothing wrong with sticking with it, at least until V 2 comes out of beta again.

I'll defer to some of the V1 gurus on the forum for help with the config file.

billycrid

Well unfortunately its only 2 computers but both running Dual Screen, and its the dual screen placements which i need to be able to move. Having the same issue on v1 and v2, however v1 i should be able to build some kinda config to help position them. Its just too dam tedious to do so :D

If you happen to ever find that old config of yours please do share haha :)

Davewill

Synergy doesn't support configuring individual monitors. You can only arrange COMPUTERS in relation to each other. It's a fairly severe limitation in my book. Supposedly, v2.1 is supposed have that feature, but I wouldn't hold my breath.