Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Problems with Synergy 2 - Stray pointer

Robin Watts

Hi all,

I use Synergy 2 across 4 different machines. My main machine is a Windows 10 desktop. When I move the mouse pointer up onto a different machine, control does indeed move up and onto that new screen.

Sometimes however, a static mouse pointer can reappear in the middle of my main machines desktop. It doesn't move or respond to clicks, but it's very confusing.

Anyone else seeing this? Is there a way to stop it?

greg.butzi

Check the 'Ease of Access' controls in the W10 Control Panel. Click on "Make the mouse easier to use". Is the checkbox for "Turn on Mouse Keys" unchecked? It should be under "Control the mouse with the keyboard".

If that checkbox is unchecked, try checking it, apply the changes, and then see if the cursor disappears when you move the mouse to the second machine.

If you have trouble finding the menu I'm talking about, let me know and I'll post some screenshots for you. Checking that box is how I fixed that same issue, and I've just verified that when I uncheck the box, the cursor appears in the middle of the W10 machine when I'm mousing somewhere else.

Robin Watts

This being windows 10 there are 2 ways to turn that option on/off. One in the "Settings" app, and one in the "Control Panel" window.

Both are initially turned off. Turning it on or off in the Settings app makes no difference. Turning it on in the "Control Panel" window does make a difference, but only for about 30 seconds or so in my tests. After I've moved to a different computer and back a few times, the mouse pointer reappears in the middle of the screen.

So thanks for trying, but still no dice :(