Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Having issues Installing on Ubuntu 18.04

cuppajoeman

So I just installed Ubuntu on a new pc, and then when I downloaded synergy for Ubuntu x64 I try and install it but it never loads, just asks for password, I put it in. Then nothing happens. I will show some pictures of those steps in order. Thanks for any help in advance.

20180505_163814.jpg20180505_163842.jpg?width=526&height=70220180505_163831.jpg20180505_163822.jpg

GranPaSmurf

Have you been able to install other programs on 18.04? Tried a reboot and then install?

I'm using it too, and I didn't see this issue.

Davewill

Try installing it manually from the command line so you can see the output from the actual install process.

$ sudo apt-get install <deb file>

• Thanks 1
cuppajoeman

Ok I tried again through the terminal and here were my results, I also couldn't help and noticed that the download size was 0 bytes. 20180506_150550.jpg20180506_151702.jpg

Davewill

My bad, the command line should have been:

sudo apt install /path/to/deb/file

You can also use:

sudo dpkg -i /path/to/deb/file

followed by

sudo apt-get install -f 

Edited by Davewill
cuppajoeman

Just tried installing it again from the site, and it seems to have worked now. Who knows... 

Thanks for the help guys!

Guest Andrew Nelless

This could be related to the issue discussed in the other thread, and may be fixed in 2.0.11 (due out today)

• 3 weeks later...

For what its worth I had to install libcurl3 for the installer to work using the sudo apt install method above, once I installed libcurl3 (sudo apt install libcurl3) everything worked great.