Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Latest Windows 10 April 2018 Update causing problems

I recently updated my computers to the latest Windows 10 April 2018 and I am already experiencing an annoying problem. The new "Text scaling" in the "Display setting" is not working well with Synergy. As soon as the text scaling is set to anything other than 100%, the mouse cursor disappears when the mouse is moved. I am hoping that you will be able to  come up with a solution.

Thanks

Patrick 

Jay Edmonds

I too have issues.  My problem is Synergy 1.0.10 does not start correctly.   the service is running and so is the exe, but My OSX machine, which is the Master, does not see my Windows 10 Machine.

I updated to Win 10 1803 with no problems and Synergy was workin fine until I rebooted the Win 10 machine.  Now that machine, and that machine only, has an issue (I have Win 7 and OSX also).  The Win 10 is connected to the same network and is attaching to network drives, etc.  and rebooting it does not seem to help.

GranPaSmurf

Ouch!

I have the April update downloading and installing on 2 Win10 machines right now!

I'll get back to the thread with my experiences.

Dreamer 1

After the Windows 10 April update (synergy "master" machine) the behavior is as follows:
- when moving the mouse cursor to macOS ("slave" machine) on the windows machine the mouse cursor jumps to the center of the screen
- on macOS the cursor is locked in the bottom corner of the screen, there's no mouse movement at all
- I cannot go back to the windows machine until I connect a mouse to the mac and move it or if I stop synergy on the mac.

I've reinstalled Synergy 2.0.10 on both windows and mac and restarted the systems, but the issue persists.

Temporary solution: uninstalling 2.0.10 and installing 2.0.9 on the windows machine results in everything working as expected.

• Thanks 1
GranPaSmurf

Version 2.0.11 is expected to drop any day.

I'd be interested to hear if it works for you.

I would suggest, however, that you do a thorough uninstall. I use a 3rd party uninstaller. It usually finds nearly 50 files and registry settings to uninstall.

Thanks Dreamer,

I don't know why I did not think of reverting back to v2.0.9. I just assumed that Microsoft had done something major to its latest update (especially with the sharper text scaling) that broke Synergy. I even uninstalled Synergy completely from both computers including Registry values etc. Rebooted and re-installed v2.0.10, but that did not resolve my issues with the mouse cursor disappearing if I changed the size of text in the Display Settings. Following your suggestion, I simply uninstalled Synergy and re-installed v2.0.9 on both PCs and, lo and behold, everything works flawlessly.

I will try again when v.2.0.11 comes out. 

For now, I am a happy camper.

Thanks all,

Patrick

• Thanks 1
On 5/4/2018 at 8:48 AM, GranPaSmurf said:

Version 2.0.11 is expected to drop any day.

I'd be interested to hear if it works for you.

I would suggest, however, that you do a thorough uninstall. I use a 3rd party uninstaller. It usually finds nearly 50 files and registry settings to uninstall.

I happy to report that Version 2.0.11 is working well with Windows 10 1803. There are no issues with any Text Scaling in Display Settings.

Best,

Patrick

• Thanks 1