Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Numpad sending arrows/page-up/page-down instead of numbers

Enrico Self

I have synergy 2.10 installed as a server on MacOs 10.13.4 and the client on Debian 9.

It is working fine with the exception of the numeric keypad which keeps sending arrows/page-up/page-down instead of numbers. The numlock is working fine in the macOS servere but it has no effects on the linux client. Anyrhing I can do to make it work ?

thanks

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Sorry that you're having problems. Have you contacted our support team yet? https://symless.com/contact/customer-support

If you'd rather get help here on the forums, please could you share your log links for all of your computers? We can only help you troubleshoot if you share your log links. Please make sure you share only the log links (not the log contents).

https://symless.com/forums/topic/3207-synergy-2-how-to-send-your-logs/

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
9 minutes ago, Enrico Self said:

it's a wireless logitech keyboard with UK-PC layout. Under macOs it works perfectly.

Thanks. Sorry about that bug. We do intend to fix that, but I can't give you a timescale. Are you able to work around this or do you need a refund?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
Just now, Enrico Self said:

Do you mean that with a wired keyboard it works or is it a problem with the macOs Server ?

It's most likely a software issue, where Synergy on macOS isn't intercepting the numlock behavior.

Enrico Self

actually with a wired keyboard the numlock does not work at all in macOS and the numeric keypad enters only numbers ! That's perfect, i see no reason for arrows of other functions in the keypad.

Also the client receives numbers too and that is what is most important. Not a big fan of wireless keyboard and that is one reason more to stay away.

thanks

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Ah, got it. What about sharing your keyboard and mouse from the Linux computer instead?

Enrico Self

After further testing it is indeed a KDE/Plasma problem: i have the same issue if using VNC to the linux machine and moreover the numpad keys work fine in gtk-based applications.

In my previous set-up linux was the server, but now i need it to be the client.

thanks