Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

1 rig stuck in connecting green bar

Big fan of Synergy and long time user of 1.x

Today uninstalled 1.x and installed latest 2.0.9 from website.

I can't find any preferences in the new version so not sure where to start with configuration, if it worked out the box then I would love to have it this simple but in the past I've had to untick autoconfig and connect to specific ip addresses to work.

Both machines are Windows 10 latest updates. 

One machine is green lit and the other is stuck on grey with panning green bar.

Where am I going wrong?

Help appreciated.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

No problem, you seem like a nice guy, so I prioritized your ticket for you. You should get a response within 4 hours.

• Thanks 1
GranPaSmurf

Just to clarify, on the Synergy UI, one of the computers shows OK green, and the other persists in showing the 'connecting' animation, right? Is Synergy otherwise working OK? Can you mouse over to the other computer?

I'm asking because sometimes the connecting animation persists but otherwise Synergy is working.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your input, I did see this mentioned in another thread, unfortunately Synergy isn't allowing me to mouse over to the other computer.

I have noticed after restarting, both computers now display as grey with moving green bars.

Thanks again for your input.

New log link... https://synergy-logs.symless.com/4801305cfb307d18f096f7aa151106a6/logs/33068-2018-04-16T15-47-34.log

Edited by CYU
GranPaSmurf

The next step in DIY troubleshooting is to restart the Synergy service on each.

If no change, try this quick-fix, move one of the screens on the Synergy UI away from the other, as they don't touch. That triggers what you are already seeing, both screens showing the connecting animation. Then reassemble the screens as you desire. That restarts the Synergy core on each.

If no change, re-boot both. 

• Thanks 1
GranPaSmurf

O.o dunno.

I only used the sys tray disable one day when I for sure wanted to operate on just the server machine...

Ok, so, am back to where I was before, depending on which computer I use, that becomes the 'green' computer, the other computer will always be grey with green bar. I do have a keyboard and mouse plugged into each computer (so I can login etc. whilst setting synergy up etc.), I'm assuming this is okay? Assuming, hmmmm, never the best thing to do hehe ;-)