Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy for Android L M N O

Because it's possible :D

It would just be really cool to be working on pc, get a notification of any kind on mobile and then just use mouse and keyboard to act on it.

(I actually have my phone in a stand below my monitor, so this would be awesome. A miniature secondary screen.)

• 2 weeks later...
Jan Blomqvist
On 2019-03-25 at 7:45 AM, Kelvin Tran said:

Sorry, I forget the point for Synergy for Android. Could someone help jog my memory?

Because of Samsung DEX.  Please make this ready to use with it!

/Jan

• 4 months later...
justingiffard

Sorry for bringing this thread back to life. I tried installing the APK on my phone by transferring to my phone and then running it and I get the message "App not installed" I did try using dcerisano's fork where they added

*.apk binary

to .gitattributes but that also gives the same result. Also tried cloning that repo and using the apk like that and still same error.

Im running a Galaxy S10+ (on Android Pie) so not sure if the Android version is the issue (but shouldn't be) anyone have any suggestions? I dont currently have Android SDK installed on my machine so cant even open the project to see if I can see anything or rebuild the apk which might be my best bet

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/08/2019 at 2:01 PM, justingiffard said:

Sorry for bringing this thread back to life. I tried installing the APK on my phone by transferring to my phone and then running it and I get the message "App not installed" I did try using dcerisano's fork where they added

*.apk binary

to .gitattributes but that also gives the same result. Also tried cloning that repo and using the apk like that and still same error.

Im running a Galaxy S10+ (on Android Pie) so not sure if the Android version is the issue (but shouldn't be) anyone have any suggestions? I dont currently have Android SDK installed on my machine so cant even open the project to see if I can see anything or rebuild the apk which might be my best bet

I have the same, but I guess it is because the version I use is not rooted?

• 3 years later...

Sorry to bring an old thread back from the grave - having a tough time in 2023 trying to sort out a way to run this on either a samsung phone with Dex, or a chromebook. Seems like neither is an option at this point, but I figured can't hurt - anyone having any luck here?

The current version available on github connects to a server, but doesn't seem to actually interact with the device

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
burning_wipf
On 3/20/2023 at 9:22 PM, weissa74 said:

Sorry to bring an old thread back from the grave - having a tough time in 2023 trying to sort out a way to run this on either a samsung phone with Dex, or a chromebook. Seems like neither is an option at this point, but I figured can't hurt - anyone having any luck here?

The current version available on github connects to a server, but doesn't seem to actually interact with the device

I am not a android dev but it feels like android phones nowadays are way more locked down and it feels like you'd need root. I have seen a Cyanogen mod version. Anyone tested it?

• 5 months later...