Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Client never connects

jmccutcheon27

I have had Synergy 2 for a while now and I have never experienced any major issues. Until now. Over the past week I have lost my Synergy 2 connectivity and for the life of me cannot figure out what has happened. Both of the PCs are running Windows 10 64-bit. Both of the PCs sit on the same network. Both of the PCs have had the Synergy 2 software uninstalled and reinstalled on them today. Both actually see each other but the Host does not seem to finish the connection. The client "monitor" just has its name and a scrolling "activity" bar in the center that never stops scrolling. This is extremely frustrating. 

Here is my log. Hopefully someone can see my problem because I surely cannot. 

https://synergy-logs.symless.com/6e5665cd8240e1e5079213b154043f2b/logs/20151-2018-04-14T08-43-54.log

GranPaSmurf

The first step is, as always, is to submit a support ticket. This gets your issue in front of the developers. Maybe they will end up learning from your issue.

I've had that before. One of the just keeps trying but not connecting. 

Easier, mouse_grab one of the screen images on the UI, and drag it away, so it doesn't touch another. That should restart the Synergy_core on each. Then reassemble them. 

Notching up, stop/start Synergy service on both.

Finally, thoroughly uninstall. Purge everything related to Synergy. I use a third-party uninstaller. Then reinstall the most recent version, 2.0.9.

Let us know how you fare.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Here’s the culprit:

profile version is older (199 < 200), abort compare

This happens when the data gets out of sync between the two computers. It’s a known bug that we’re working on. A service restart should fix this. Could you also open a support ticket please?

I had this happen just now between Mac OS & Windows 10. Deleting the registry keys didn't change anything, nor did starting or stopping the service. Reinstalling on both seemed to work fine.