Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Lag - Can we identify common denominators?

GranPaSmurf

I kinda hate to tell this story because I should have thought of it sooner.:

In my systems, the machine that lags is an old win7 (32-bit). It's obvious that something is chewing up resources but I couldn't find it in processes or services. FINALLY, I thought about this old computer needing to have a hard drive defragmenting. I had it on an automatic schedule but that must have failed. The defrag took the most of the day. But guess what, now the mouse action is no different than the newer Win10 machines. I'm not implying that other people's computers need this maintenance. It's just my story.

• Like 1
SacredKow

so far 2.0.8 seems to be as responsive as the older versions - hopefully it maintains but happy at the moment. Thanks Symless!

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
SacredKow

So 2.0.8 was excellent. This week Windows April Creator Update hit my machine and now it's back to working great and then going into the slow motion matrix style bullet dodging mouse movements. I thought I'd give 2.0.11 a go, that actually made it worse. I've rolled back to 2.0.8 and find I have to slap the 2 screen icons together about every 10 minutes for stability.

Anyone else seeing issues?

GranPaSmurf

Two of my 1803 updates, as far as Synergy, went great. One needed service restarts and (as you indicated) core restarts. This one has a lot of 'stuff' on it, graphics programs and the like.  I finally did a uninstall/reinstall of Synergy 2.0.11.  To uninstall, I use a free copy of Revo Uninstaller. It found 48 files and entries to remove.

After reinstall 2.0.11 I've got a rock solid across 4 boxes Synergy universe.

GranPaSmurf

Well, you caught me. I used the free version for years and a couple of years ago, I began to feel guilty about that. The developers have done a great job. So I purchased the Pro version simply to support the developers. I think however the free version still does exactly the same thing. The reason for my 'intentional misrepresentation' is to not turn folks away from making use of the app. Or another 3rd party uninstaller.

Nick says what I'm doing is unnecessary but It's been part of my routine since the early beta Synergy versions. I think it saves me time.

So, maybe try the free version and if you like it and think you will make use of it often, purchase the Pro version. I have no affiliation with Revo other than being a satisfied user for several years. 

• Like 1