Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

OS X Client forgets server IP after restart

BBC Production
The server IP field is blank after startup on OS X 10.10.4, synergy 1.7.3. Reinstalled synergy and made a new user account. It still is coming up blank. Otherwise it works just fine I just have to attach a keyboard and enter the IP every time the computer is restarted. Thanks!
  • 2 weeks later...
Matthew Barber
I have the same issue. I cannot figure out how to make my Synergy Mac client remember the server it is going to connect to. I've saved the config file as synergy.conf, but I cannot figure out how to make synergy (as a client) use the config file. -Matt
Erik Read
I too am having the same issue on OS X 10.10.4 as a client. My server is a Windows 7 Enterprise machine. Once I plug in the server name it works great. All versions are 1.7.3
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Geoff G
On 8/13/2015 at 6:10 AM, Andrew Porritt said:

I'm also having the same issue. It appears there's a bug in the Synergy GUI that doesn't save the hostname. I've worked around it by editing the file: ~/Library/Preferences/com.http-synergy-project-org.Synergy.plist and adding the key / value pair: <key>serverHostname</key> <string>SERVER IP ADDRESS</string>

This worked perfectly for me.

Basically I did this:

1) Set the Mac computer to auto login to my user.

2) Set synergy to auto start and hide

3) Edited the plist file in Andrew's post above (using xCode) to have my server's IP address on the network.

Boom, works like a charm now. Thanks Andrew!

Edited by Geoff G
  • 10 months later...
On 13/08/2015 at 9:10 PM, Andrew Porritt said:

I'm also having the same issue. It appears there's a bug in the Synergy GUI that doesn't save the hostname. I've worked around it by editing the file: ~/Library/Preferences/com.http-synergy-project-org.Synergy.plist and adding the key / value pair: <key>serverHostname</key> <string>SERVER IP ADDRESS</string>

Awesome, this has been bugging me forever. Thanks!