Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

"Validating install" takes forever

Can anyone explain why the installer takes forever to validate the install before it will actually install the software? Synergy 2.0.5 took at least 15 minutes to validate. 2.0.6 has already taken nearly 30, and it still hasn't validated. This happens with the Windows 64-bit installer on Windows 10. No such problem when installing on Mac OS X 10.11.6.

Mike Van Pelt

I've been seeing a long lag, then (I forget the exact wording) something about can't complete due to some process still running.  I click "try again", and it eventually works on the second try.

I haven't timed how long it takes.

I saws this on 2.0.6 and 2.0.5.  I'm not sure about earlier versions.

Cheers o/

As seen in another post, installation can become stuck, manually stopping the synergy service worked for me.
Please note I first canceled the allready started installation process, stopped the service, restarted the installer and ... tada !

• Like 1

If the service has to be stopped, why doesn't the installer either stop the service or tell you that upfront? But you're right. As soon as I stopped the service and then ran the installer, it completed in about 10 seconds.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
chicagobuss

I made sure the service was stopped but it still took almost 15 minutes to get past "Validating install" on upgrading from 2.0.4 to 2.0.7 on Windows 10

• 2 weeks later...
Alp GĂĽneysel

Synergy 2.0.8-Stable, upgraded from Synergy 1, problem still persists on Windows 10; validating install is basically stuck (didn't wait 15 minutes :) ) 

Manually stopping the service worked for me, installs in a second.

One of my favourite software, thanks.

On 06/04/2018 at 12:13 PM, Steve Williams said:

You should see a difference going from 2.0.8 to future versions.

Indeed, 2.0.9 went smoothly and effortless.
Congrats !

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2018 at 4:29 PM, Ben R. said:

I'm seeing this issue with 2.0.10. 64-bit, upgrading from Synergy 1.8.8. Cancel doesn't close the installer, either.

Ditto, Annoying little bug, works flawless on Linux though lol