Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy client pc doesn't recognize mouse click.

Hi, is anyone having problem with synergy 2 pro client pc does not capture mouse clicks? I have to right click on the host background every time to make the client pc register mouse clicks and once I get back to doing tasks on host the client pc is reset to not recognizing mouse clicks.  Can someone please help, this is getting super annoying.

Edited by Ken Nguyen
GranPaSmurf

Ken, what OSs are you using?

What version of Synergy? Ver 2.06. was just released.

Let support know what's going on. Support tickets drive development.

Edited by GranPaSmurf
Add support line

I think it is the latest version, I downloaded it yesterday.  I really like it but it is still buggy.  I am using window 7.1 on host and 10 on client.  The funny thing is now it works ok after leaving the pc on for a couple hours.  I don't know why it didn't work before.

GranPaSmurf

Synergy 2.06 was released Monday. So far, with 2 startups and several hours of use, it is working perfectly. I haven't had to open the UI on any of the 4 computers.

• 2 weeks later...
Michael_R

I am also having similar issues, mouse will switch screens but clicks would do nothing on client, when I restart synergy on my server everything is fine again.  I saw this in 2.0.5 and 2.0.6.    At least for me, I think that it might have something to do with the systems going to sleep as that is when I seemed to see it.   It happens enough that I created a simple CMD file on my desktop to restart the synergy services quickly.

Ken Nguyen

I have no idea how to access synergy's GUI haha, also, I think I know what the problem is: you have to wait for the host and the client windows/services to completely start up first before using the app.  If you start using your mouse (i.e. moving pointer to the client screen) right away after logging in, this problem will occur.

• 1 month later...

My issue is similar. Everything was working, then the mouse did not appear to slide to the client (Mac 10.11.6 El Capitan) from the server (Win 10 Pro 64-bit). The odd thing is that the mouse appears to transition, it just does not appear on the Mac. I know it is there because when sliding down to the app tray at the bottom of the screen. I move the mouse and the descriptors appear.

GranPaSmurf

Sometimes when the cursor starts going goofy, I can press Cntr on the server keyboard and get it back.

Sometimes.

Thanks GranPaSmurf, no joy! The mouse doesn't get crazy, it slides back to the server fine. On the client it simply doesn't appear to be functional.

I am also having this problem.  It definitely happens anytime there is an alert on the server I have to go clear the alert and windows action center and then it will start working again. occasionally it stops working when there is not a notification I am using Windows 10 pro and synergy 2.0.8