Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

No settings, less features

GranPaSmurf

The web page is under construction, I have the link so I decided to share it with forum users that are interested. I chose to use the word 'projected' because it's liable to change before 2.1 is released.

I think we all have some ideas of the way things should be, but here on the user forum, we try to focus on things as they are right now. I also posted a link to feature request page of the forum. Take your ideas there. 

They finally let me use synergy 1. So if you have problems with Synergy 2 like I do, contact support and persistently ask for access to Synergy 1 - they will give it to you at no additional cost.

btw Synergy 2.0.6 works worse than 2.0.5. Often after booting up all computers, I had no connectivity between them in synergy for some strange reason. (bars were "filling up" but mouse did not want to jump from screen to screen) I needed to reboot the system few times to get my connectivity in synergy 2.0.6 back. But now I use 1.8.8 which works perfectly, so I don't care that much. Will re-check synergy 2 when they get their act together.

mstublefield

I'm similarly unhappy at the big step backward that Synergy 2.0 seemed to be. It took me quite a bit to get 2.04 working, and I did enter a support ticket for that. The support person was very helpful and got most of my problems resolved, and she asked me for feature suggestions that I happily supplied.

Synergy 2.05 seemed to fix a lot of those problems and just worked. Still lacking features I wanted.

Synergy 2.06 lets my PC be wired and my MacBook be wireless with no configuration. I'm pretty shocked by this and really happy. And considering that updates are coming every 1-2 weeks, I'm no longer considering asking for a refund. Hopefully, they'll address the auto-wake all computers soon, because I'm guessing that's still a problem (based on comments here).

I would have liked it to be more feature-complete when I handed over my money, but I'm pleased with the direction it's going.

• Thanks 1