Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 jumps to the other screen randomly while playing fullscreen video games

So whenever I play csgo in fullscreen mode,

Syngery tends to take over and jump to the other screen and completely fuck up my alt tab and mouse movement, sometimes needing to force reboot the client I play on.

Is there an option to like disable syngery when specific exe file is active or something?

7 hours ago, Steve Williams said:

Hi, wazer, 

We're adding a disable feature to an upcoming release of Synergy, so stay tuned!

Steve

Please make an automatic thing so you can just setup when specific programs are active, would be a shame to be reminded every time you go into a game, oh yes you need to do this in synergy before you can play.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jeff_c said:

Scroll lock prevents the mouse from moving to other screens. I use it when playing Overwatch. 

Thanks, I might try synergy again with this thing, but leaves to wait for the solution just described above you.. We will see.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 05/02/2018 at 5:46 PM, wazer said:

Please make an automatic thing so you can just setup when specific programs are active, would be a shame to be reminded every time you go into a game, oh yes you need to do this in synergy before you can play.

@Steve Williams Love the idea of making this automatic based on active programs! (Customizable of course)

• 3 years later...

Even with scroll lock on; for it still jumps back to main scren why i keep my arrow buttom in; or my backslock keyboard buttom; for some reason i don't know it jumsp back to main screen .. VERY frustrating. as working in excel and i have to push ALOT my arrows left/right/up/down in. It makes synergy kinda absolute , unworkable :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2021 at 2:17 AM, dunkitoo said:

Even with scroll lock on; for it still jumps back to main scren why i keep my arrow buttom in; or my backslock keyboard buttom; for some reason i don't know it jumsp back to main screen .. VERY frustrating. as working in excel and i have to push ALOT my arrows left/right/up/down in. It makes synergy kinda absolute , unworkable :(

Have you tried going to your server settings and creating a hotkey and assigning it Lock the Cursor to the current screen? Not sure if that's what you meant by scroll lock

But if it was what you meant, then perhaps it is because of your operating system security functions. Do you have the settings for elevating Syngery when needed or set to something else. I've experience similar symptoms when logging into windows where as soon as I click sign in, it jumps back to my server screen and then after entering the login it again jumps back to middle of my main screen. So, if you're working and all of a sudden that happens, check the Synergy settings I mentioned or perhaps check also check (if on Windows) your User Account Control settings. Another one to check would be your Privacy settings such as App diagnostics, Background Apps, Other Devices, as well as maybe checking if there might be a conflict with Windows' clipboard sharing.

Anyway, hope it helps. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/25/2021 at 10:17 AM, dunkitoo said:

I had a similar issue and figured out it was a version mismatch issue causing the error for me, check that both the server and client are running the same version.