Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Backslash (alt Gr + ?) changes screen focus

I discovered an annoying issue,I am on 2 Win10 PCs (Desktop and Laptop) with a logitech MK710 keyboard. Sharing with Synergy2 works fine until I type a backslash (Alt Gr + ? on a German Keyboard) on the laptop side, it immediately switches back to the desktop, and I have to pull the mouse all over again to the laptop to continue typing. I can not overcome this issue. (lock to screen does not help either). Sometimes it hangs also and I have to wait a couple of seconds to switch the mouse and keyboard  to the laptop application.

Anyone here to help? Thx

ulf@nebulium

It's related to the AltGr key. If I only press and release it, the mouse is centered at the host computer's screen.

One can press LeftCtrl+LeftAlt instead, but this is no satisfying solution.

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem here.

I don't understand why someone would put a hidden "feature" that is completely undocumented and not configurable in their software.

Can you please tell us if there is at least a way to deactivate this with a setting inside the .conf file?

I don't want to uninstall and go back to 1.8 because of this.

Also same problem, had to downgrade to version 1.8 because of this AltGr feature - the new version 2.0 is useless for me. As sw developer using a lot keystrokes with Alt (AltGr+F/G for brackets, Altgr+B/N for curly brackets, AltGr+Q for backslash etc..)

• 2 weeks later...

same problem here, @-sign on a german keyboard resulted in that behaivior (ALTGR+q), but now i see it is a ALTGR related problem,

so no coding with loads of ALTGR is possible :-(

David Schwingenschlögl

Same problem here. I reported this issue a while back to the Synergy team. Apparently that's an already known issue, but it's not clear how long it'll take to get it fixed.

This is more than a problem for me. I cant use my laptop for any coding/email work. We need at least a way to disable those "features" or remap them. That should not be that hard to implement?

And same here with Scandinavian keyboard.

I have used this Synergy 2.0.5 now about two weeks and it's full pain to use it.

I'm going back to version 1 and probably don't come back. At least before give control back to users.

This zero-config just doesn't work.

My requirements would be at least:

- remap keys if problems arise

- prevent clipboard copy

- possibility to lock share master

- no need for internet connection

hi

same topic here.... (German Keyboard)

as an admin  - i use AltGr as a std Key (Mail, Passwords, Login, Commands, Syntax etc)

but every women or men who use synergy 2 should have this problem - i do not understand why it is so hard to fix it -

i use two windows (10 and 7) machines here - just in case this is interesting

please symless  - kick this problem out of the code -

Best Sascha

Edited by sascha
GranPaSmurf

Ouch! I have NO experience with anything but English keyboard but I've been watching your thread.

Besides this thread, please, each of you, start a trouble ticket.

https://symless.com/contact/customer-support

Report your experience to support. Send logs for each machine. Trouble tickets drive development. A support ticket puts the issue in front of a developer.

• 1 month later...

Just upgraded to Synergy 2 and have the same problem with my Nordic keyboard... Hitting only Alt Gr switches focus back to host and I can't re-enter the client for 10ish secs...

Guess it's back to 1.8 again *sigh*

• 2 months later...

Several month after this issue was mentioned nothing has changed.. i still can not code properly on my secondary workstations without this shortcut giving me a hard time.

Good support!

Zod Bain
1 minute ago, Bzauner said:

Several month after this issue was mentioned nothing has changed.. i still can not code properly on my secondary workstations without this shortcut giving me a hard time.

Good support!

They did put it back into beta state and recommend using Synergy 1.

I switched to Synergy 1... The AltGr issue vanishes but now I face the mouse not-able-to-click issue but far less painful...

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone any solution for the alt gr key? I have now remapped my whole keyboard to be able to comment code (alt gr + / on normal setup). Now I have to type ctrl + alt + shift + 7.... brain-gymnastics.

I just went back to Synergy 1. After almost 8 months of waiting to fix this.

As far as i can tell the only solutions are avoiding alt gr completely or going back to Synergy 1.

Just now, drwatson said:

I just went back to Synergy 1. After almost 8 months of waiting to fix this.

As far as i can tell the only solutions are avoiding alt gr completely or going back to Synergy 1.

Ah sorry, thought this thread was for Synergy 1. I have synergy 1, but struggeling because it does not seem to be any way to detect left alt from right alt or detect alt gr? I have tried with modding that config file without success.

• 2 months later...
Sverre Rakkenes

I have this problem on my Norwegian keyboard, both for version 1 and 2beta.. same problem on both.. is there a workaround for 1.10 that I do not know about?

• 2 months later...