Hello! šŸ‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

IPs are assigned dynamically daily

I have just finished setting up a second configuration where an older Dell Precision owns the keyboard and mouse and dual-boots Windows 10 and Centos 7. A MacBook Pro shares the keyboard and mouse. This is working fine for me even when I reboot between Windows and Linux (Centos).

The Centos side didn't work at first, even after following the Drew2Apps cleanup procedures for Linux. However, after I repeated the procedures, including removing the Synergy 2.0.4 install and re-installing it, Synergy came up running fine.

Note: I found the ~/.config files to be removed during the cleanup were not quite the same as Drew2Apps indicated when I did this. In my case only ~/.config/Symless was there to be removed.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drew2Apps

• GranPaSmurf

• MadMe86

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was the advice support gave me with uninstalling 2.0. Maybe uninstalling 2.0 and reinstalling 1.8 will help with the issue.Ā  Ā  Windows: First, uninstall Synergy using Add or remove

Thanks for the perspective Steve. Issues and problems are reported and accumulate here. It doesn't mean EVERY Synergy user has the same issues.Ā  If a doctor sees patients all day that all, 100%,

I haveĀ the same issue. Worked perfect the first day, but the second day it stopped. Same machines you're using too. I contacted support and they said this weekend they'll have a new release hopefully

Robert Fury

Same issue, so frustrating. And the fact I can't config Synergy 2 manually.

[ ConfigĀ  ] [2017-12-28T22:12:04] debug: service cloud connection error
[ ConfigĀ  ] [2017-12-28T22:12:04] debug: current version is update to date
[ Service ] [2017-12-28T22:12:04] debug: got user auth token:
[ Service ] [2017-12-28T22:12:05] debug: retrying cloud connection
[ Service ] [2017-12-28T22:12:05] debug: closing existing websocket connection
[ Service ] [2017-12-28T22:12:05] error: websocket read error 335544539: short read
[ Service ] [2017-12-28T22:12:05] debug: clearing last profile snapshot
[ Service ] [2017-12-28T22:12:05] debug: retrying websocket connection in 26s
[ Service ] [2017-12-28T22:12:05] debug: retrying websocket connection now

Synergy 2 has not worked for days, now constantly giving errors connecting to auto-config and when multiple computers do connect, they donā€™t show on either. Mac <-> Windows

At the moment it works for me...again. it would be nice if it would be possible to get rid of the cloud... i had not tested 1.8... if it keeps that way i will give it a try...

Guest Andrew Nelless
On 12/18/2017 at 6:21 AM, ameyp said:

[ Service ] [2017-12-18T11:44:15] debug: connecting websocket: pubsub1.cloud.symless.com:443

pubsub1.cloud.symless.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed. The certificate is not valid for the name pubsub1.cloud.symless.com. Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

@ameypI've posted an explanation of this behaviour here

Ā 

Chris Van Doren

Worked the first day I upgradedĀ about a week ago and hasnt worked since for me either from a Windows 10 PC server to a Mac client.Ā 

I've been a customer of the old version for over 10 years; paying for this upgrade seems to have been a mistake. :/

Edited by Chris Van Doren
  • Like 1

Check your Network... for me it works...
My System is working flawless...

whats your configuration?

Edited by MadMe86
Question added
  • Like 1
Eric Powell

I've been having the same problems.Ā  Working one day, not the next, and nothing can change it's mind about working when it wants to.

The problem for me centers around the Mac computer (I have 1-Mac, 2-Win, 1-Linux.)Ā  When the Mac is in the equation, everything is random as to whether it works or not.Ā  When it works, it works well; when it stops working, go home.

You take the Mac computer out of the equation, and everything works reliably, pretty much without a glitch.Ā  Ā Put the Mac back in and it all goes to the bottom of the cesspool.Ā 

I've been updating as new releases are out, and I'm currently on 2.0.4, and have been since back in December.Ā  Ā Waiting for the next release to install it again on my Mac.

Ā 

I had the same issue with 2.0 as most of the others and I'm using Mac High Sierra, it worked for about 1 week, but got flakey yesterday and today.Ā  Today I couldn't even get it to work, so I gave up and went back to 1.8 which is working fine now.Ā  I take another stab at 2.x when another release happens...

2 hours ago, epaul said:

I had the same issue with 2.0 as most of the others and I'm using Mac High Sierra, it worked for about 1 week, but got flakey yesterday and today.Ā  Today I couldn't even get it to work, so I gave up and went back to 1.8 which is working fine now.Ā  I take another stab at 2.x when another release happens...

Yeah, 2.1 is supposed to be better but who knowsĀ ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ.

Telmo Cardoso

One thing I noticed... it might help support to dig into one more issue.

I have Windows and OSX connected. When I put windows to sleep in the next morning when it wake up it can no longer connect to OSX. I need to manually restart services in order for it to connect again.

GranPaSmurf

Nerdaddy, I like the idea of a quick script.Ā 

On my Win 7, I was having a hard time with Synergy 2.04 staying connected. I drug a shortcut to the 'services' section of Component Services over to the task-bar. Then restarting the service is just a couple of clicks.Ā 

I've noticed that after an update or reinstall, this restarting of the service is needed. After a few restarts, or a couple of days, something along the line 'learns' and the connection becomes more reliable.Ā 

• Like 1

Yep, got those problems too.

Ā 

On my Linux (Arch) machine:

[ Service ] [2018-01-19T19:17:04] error: websocket handshake error 3: WebSocket upgrade handshake failed
[ Service ] [2018-01-19T19:17:04] error: websocket handshake response 400: Bad Request

Ā 

Edited by eee
Guest Steve Williams

Hi n0nad,

Part of the Synergy 2 philosophy is to make the product as simple to use as possible for as many people as possible, so we abstract away the networking layer to further this objective. That said, we have upcoming features to detect theĀ fastest network to use as well as an option to allow the user to nominate which network to use. Look out for this in Synergy 2.1.

It would be great if you could raise a support ticket (https://symless.com/contact/customer-support) and we'll take a look at what's going on in your environment.Ā 

SteveĀ 

Thanks you for the response, Steve.

From your reply, it seems that you believe that n0nad's experience is quite isolated. As you will find on this thread that this is an experience shared by many other payingĀ users. Can I please requestĀ that you take time to thoroughly test 2.x yourselves before hoisting it on customers?

It will also be useful if you could provide access to older versions that worked (e.gĀ 1.8) whilst you take your time to address these issues.

Edited by Ditta
Guest Steve Williams
11 minutes ago, Ditta said:

From your reply, it seems that you believe that n0nad's experience is quite isolated. As you will find on this thread that this is an experience shared by many other payingĀ users. Can I please requestĀ that you take time to thoroughly test 2.x yourselves before hoisting it on customers?

Ā 

Hi Ditta,Ā 

I fully appreciate that some users experienceĀ issues, but its far from every Synergy 2 user.Ā 

The best way to help us make the product better is to raise tickets with our support system - https://symless.com/contact/customer-support. This allows us to analyze and understand any issues being experienced and take forward steps to address them in future product updates.

SteveĀ Ā